Receipt/Invoice

Highlighted
New Poster
Accepted Solution

Receipt/Invoice

by oliviaoneill New Poster
Message 1 of 2 (1,502 Views)

How can I get a copy of a tax invoice for my phone top ups?

Accepted Solutions
Retired Staff

Re: Receipt/Invoice

by Retired Staff Lucas Retired Staff
Message 2 of 2 (2,071 Views)

Hi @oliviaoneill ,

Please see this information off our internal knowledgebase regarding Prepay tax invoices

"The sale of a Prepay Top Up is not a supply for GST purposes. For this reason, we are not able to issue Tax Invoices to our customers when they purchase a Prepay Top Up.

We do not issue Tax Invoices for a supply of $50 or less to our Prepay customers (it is not required by the GST Act).

Because we are not able to issue a Tax Invoice for the sale of a Top Up, your customer is instead issued with a receipt for the Top Up amount (your customer does not need to have a Tax Invoice to claim GST for supplies of $50 or less).

Prepay Tax Invoice eligibility

The supply for GST purposes only occurs when your Prepay customer uses their Top Up credit of $50 or more (including GST) on the following:
•Makes a phone call or uses a data service
•This must be based on 1 call or 1 data session (it is not a combination of all services)

A GST invoice will not be issued to our Prepay customers in any other circumstances."

I hope this helps

Lucas

I work in the Mobile On Account and Mobile Technical Support team. I volunteer my time on the Community.

View solution in original post

Solution
Accepted by Lon (Staff)
‎03-10-2015 04:33 AM

All Replies
Retired Staff

Re: Receipt/Invoice

by Retired Staff Lucas Retired Staff
Message 2 of 2 (2,072 Views)

Hi @oliviaoneill ,

Please see this information off our internal knowledgebase regarding Prepay tax invoices

"The sale of a Prepay Top Up is not a supply for GST purposes. For this reason, we are not able to issue Tax Invoices to our customers when they purchase a Prepay Top Up.

We do not issue Tax Invoices for a supply of $50 or less to our Prepay customers (it is not required by the GST Act).

Because we are not able to issue a Tax Invoice for the sale of a Top Up, your customer is instead issued with a receipt for the Top Up amount (your customer does not need to have a Tax Invoice to claim GST for supplies of $50 or less).

Prepay Tax Invoice eligibility

The supply for GST purposes only occurs when your Prepay customer uses their Top Up credit of $50 or more (including GST) on the following:
•Makes a phone call or uses a data service
•This must be based on 1 call or 1 data session (it is not a combination of all services)

A GST invoice will not be issued to our Prepay customers in any other circumstances."

I hope this helps

Lucas

I work in the Mobile On Account and Mobile Technical Support team. I volunteer my time on the Community.
Solution
Accepted by Lon (Staff)
‎03-10-2015 04:33 AM
Stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 2y ago
  • 1 Kudo
  • 2 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today