Random texts from Vodafone

New Poster

Random texts from Vodafone

by Royaltii New Poster
Message 1 of 2 (222 Views)
I've received 5 texts from VF over approx 1 hour saying I have no available texts to top up. Checked my balance on the APP, it reads unlimited texts. After receiving the 5th VF text I called Vodafone and they also say I have unlimited texts available... is there a glitch in the matrix?
Posted from Apple iPhone
Highlighted
Vodafone Ninja

Re: Random texts from Vodafone

by Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja
Message 2 of 2 (186 Views)

Hi @Royaltii

With iPhones, in order to use either iMessage or Facetime, your phone will send 2 silent TXT messages in the background to the UK to +447786205094. This is done in order to activate both Facetime and iMessage applications with the Apple server which is based in the UK.

If either service gets switched off, or disconnected from the server, or if you take the SIM card out of your phone for example, your iPhone would automatically send this TXT to activate it. Each text costs $0.31 to activate.

This would usually happen only once when you first start using both applications, yet if you're turning either app off for example, have no data connection for extended periods of time, then your mobile will send those international txts again to reactivate it.

If this happens more frequently and you keep getting disconnected from the Apple server and so your phone will try to send the TXTs again, we would then recommend checking with the Apple iPhone helpline team if they have any other recommendations to stop this. You can contact them at 00800 7666 7666 (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm).

To disable the features please do the steps below
iMessage:
Go to Settings> Messages> Tap the iMessage switch to the Off position.

Facetime:
Go to Settings> FaceTime> Tap the Facetime switch to the Off position

Thanks
^Hamish

Stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 10w ago
  • 1 Kudo
  • 2 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today