Prepaid $19 carry over mins, data and txts lost

Starter Poster
Accepted Solution

Prepaid $19 carry over mins, data and txts lost

by PhilDNZ Starter Poster
Message 1 of 6 (810 Views)

Dear Ninjas,

My wife is peeved. Actually, she's not just peeved she is uber-pissed.
My life isn't worth living when my wife is miffed let alone uber-pissed.

Today she lost all of her Prepay 19 carry over minutes, texts and data - thousands of it apparently.
That's why she is super-pissed. and I can understand why.

She thinks it was my fault because the $20 Auto TopUp that I set up (for 16th of each month) was added to her account today AFTER the Renewal (also dated 16th of the month) was deducted from her account. Both transactions on our account are date/ time stamped at 06:18am, but for some reason the renewal was deducted BEFORE the Auto TopUp was added.

She presently thinks I am an imbecile, I know she does.

In my defence I am pretty **bleep** sure that when I set up the AutoTopUp for the 16th of the month the renewal date on our account was the 17th of the following month, not the 16th.
So my questions are ..... can the Renewal date be different from month to month? If so how? And if so why?

If any Ninja can leap to my defence here I would be grateful because presently I am well and truly in the dog box. She wants her carry overs re-instated or I am history.

Thanks,

Phil Drane

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Starter Poster

Re: Prepaid $19 carry over mins, data and txts lost

Message 5 of 6 (1,322 Views)

Hi,

Belated update and resolution achieved.

My wife is now speaking to me and I need to thank Vodafone and a guy named Anook (not sure about the spelling).

Her minutes and data have been reinstated (as near as poss) and she is even occasionally smiling at me.

I am out of the dog box if not yet flavour of the month.

Thanks Vodafone for coming up with the goods.

Phil Drane

Vodagone Solution: Vodafone staff recognise that the program is not working as they would like. As Mike noted previously, Auto-Topups are processed on the same day every month, whereas the Renewal and Rollover are on a 30-day cycle. The 3rd-party program will be changed sometime in the future. Our representation was accepted.

My solution: In the interim I've removed the Auto TopUp and will do a Manual TopUp on receipt of the usual txt notification. Logic - We get txts even with Auto Top-up and if I have to check the balance anyway, so why not prevernt it happening again and simply revert to Manual topup?

View solution in original post

Solution
Accepted by topic author PhilDNZ
‎25-11-2016 02:42 PM

All Replies
Retired Staff

by Retired Staff Lucas Retired Staff
Message 2 of 6 (791 Views)

Hi Phil,

Thanks for your message. Prepay Carry Over $19 lasts for 30 days, rather than a calendar month.. Therefore the renewal date may differ each month.

We always recommend to keep an eye out for the reminder text messages which will confirm when you need to top up.

Thanks

Lucas

I work in the Mobile On Account and Mobile Technical Support team. I volunteer my time on the Community.
Starter Poster

Message 3 of 6 (780 Views)

Hi Lucas,

Thanks for outlining how the Vodafone system works.

Your reply begs a further question - What is the point of having an Auto TopUp if I have to check on it every month? To be frank, the 3-4 monthly texted reminders are actually quite annoying and if I have to check My Account every month I might as well revert back to simply topping up using a pre-registered credit card. It would certainly prevent loss of carry-over.
Wouldn't the sensible alternative be for Vodafone to offer a 30-day TopUp to match the 30-day Renewal period?

There are two further questions that are still outstanding:-

Firstly, normal practice would be for the Vodafone program to process Auto-TopUps before deducting Renwals on any particular day. My wife's $20 Auto-TopUp was scheduled for the 16th November the same day as the Renewal, but the Renewal was deducted first.
Since the balance at the time was only $18.67 (33c short), several months of carry over mins, txts and data (that we have, in fact, already paid for) was withdrawn.

Which leads to my second original question - who might I contact to have my wife's carry over mins, txts and data restored?

Thanks,

Phil Drane

Community Manager

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 4 of 6 (741 Views)

@PhilDNZ

Thanks for your post and apologies for your position in the dog house.

I will pass on your feedback about Auto Top Up to our product team, we certainly want it to be a 'set and forget' experience.

Re the carry over, I'm afraid I'm the bearer of bad news as we cannot restore carry over when it's been lost in this way.

Sorry

m

Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Highlighted
Starter Poster

Message 5 of 6 (1,323 Views)

Hi,

Belated update and resolution achieved.

My wife is now speaking to me and I need to thank Vodafone and a guy named Anook (not sure about the spelling).

Her minutes and data have been reinstated (as near as poss) and she is even occasionally smiling at me.

I am out of the dog box if not yet flavour of the month.

Thanks Vodafone for coming up with the goods.

Phil Drane

Vodagone Solution: Vodafone staff recognise that the program is not working as they would like. As Mike noted previously, Auto-Topups are processed on the same day every month, whereas the Renewal and Rollover are on a 30-day cycle. The 3rd-party program will be changed sometime in the future. Our representation was accepted.

My solution: In the interim I've removed the Auto TopUp and will do a Manual TopUp on receipt of the usual txt notification. Logic - We get txts even with Auto Top-up and if I have to check the balance anyway, so why not prevernt it happening again and simply revert to Manual topup?

Solution
Accepted by topic author PhilDNZ
‎25-11-2016 02:42 PM
Contributor

by Contributor scheduler Contributor
Message 6 of 6 (681 Views)
Don't forget. to be totally confusing the new flex plan works on a 4 weekly cycle. So another pattern to get to work with auto topup
Posted from Samsung SM-N910U
Stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 27w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 4 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today