Open term plan: can I cancel anytime?

Highlighted
New Poster
Accepted Solution

Open term plan: can I cancel anytime?

by geeraldine New Poster
Message 1 of 3 (3,067 Views)

Hello,

I've just arrived in New Zealand and I'm not used to the terminology used by telco operators here.

So sorry if that sounds like a stupid question Smiley Happy

Does an Open Term Plan means that I can cancel my plan anytime? Let's say I will be here for 3 months, is it possible to cancel my subscription after 3 months, then use a Prepay voucher to keep my number?

I spend extended periods of time in NZ and need my phone a lot, but not enough to justify having a classic 12 to 24-months contract.

Thank you for your help!

G

Accepted Solutions
Vodafone Ninja

Re: Open term plan: can I cancel anytime?

by Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja
Message 2 of 3 (4,420 Views)

Hi there,

That is correct, our open term plans are one month only terms so you can certainly cancel at anytime without incurring any termination fees. Details of our Open Term plans (including T's and C's) can be found here - Sim only Plans (Open term)

One thing with the Open Term plans is they are an On Account product so charge each month automatically - if you want to avoid this and just simply want to pay for what you use without the hassle of re-signing each time you return, you may want to consider a Pre-Pay plan - these connections will stay active  for 12 months with non-use (they're only disconnected if they aren't used or topped up for 12 months). This means, as you come and go, it will stay active and there is no mucking around - you can arrive in the country, top up and you're ready to go. You can find Prepay options here - Prepay

Hope this helps, if you have any further questions, let us know.

Thanks

Kate

View solution in original post

Solution
Accepted by Lon (Staff)
‎03-10-2015 04:33 AM

All Replies
Vodafone Ninja

by Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja
Message 2 of 3 (4,421 Views)

Hi there,

That is correct, our open term plans are one month only terms so you can certainly cancel at anytime without incurring any termination fees. Details of our Open Term plans (including T's and C's) can be found here - Sim only Plans (Open term)

One thing with the Open Term plans is they are an On Account product so charge each month automatically - if you want to avoid this and just simply want to pay for what you use without the hassle of re-signing each time you return, you may want to consider a Pre-Pay plan - these connections will stay active  for 12 months with non-use (they're only disconnected if they aren't used or topped up for 12 months). This means, as you come and go, it will stay active and there is no mucking around - you can arrive in the country, top up and you're ready to go. You can find Prepay options here - Prepay

Hope this helps, if you have any further questions, let us know.

Thanks

Kate

Solution
Accepted by Lon (Staff)
‎03-10-2015 04:33 AM
New Poster

by Audsclan New Poster
Message 3 of 3 (1,521 Views)
I have moved to Australia recently, could you please advise how i can cancel my open term plan. Cheers
Posted from Samsung SM-G900I
Stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2y ago
  • 2 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today