No signal in our area or at our school ever. When will it be coming? Or how can I fix this?

Starter Poster

No signal in our area or at our school ever. When will it be coming? Or how can I fix this?

by TeKohanga Starter Poster
Message 1 of 5 (201 Views)

How can I find out when our area will get mobile signal? We are in Port Waikato at a school and cannot receive texts or make calls at all. Not good for Health and Safety in an emergency. Normally 'no signal' but occassionally 'one bar'?

Highlighted
Retired Staff

Re: No signal in our area or at our school ever. When will it be coming? Or how can I fix this?

by Retired Staff Lucas Retired Staff
Message 2 of 5 (154 Views)

Hi @TeKohanga,

Sadly we cant give a clear indication on when or if the signal will improve, however you may want to discuss Corporate Sure Signal with the School

You can find more details here: https://www.vodafone.co.nz/shop/accessoryDetails.jsp?skuId=sku610172

thanks

I work in the Mobile On Account and Mobile Technical Support team. I volunteer my time on the Community.
Starter Poster

Re: No signal in our area or at our school ever. When will it be coming? Or how can I fix this?

by TeKohanga Starter Poster
Message 3 of 5 (127 Views)

Hi Lucas,

I am the Principal so can speak for the school that we can't afford $1000 for a signal booster. We are missing important calls, a staff member missed a call about her granddaughter being born with most of our messages not coming through for up to four hours. Pretty crazy when we live so geographically close to main towns and yet can't get any signal. 

Starter Poster

by UNSEENWOLF314 Starter Poster
Message 4 of 5 (110 Views)
1. Signal boosters are around $300.
2. If the children aren't safe without phone service......JUST DO IT. What's $300 for the safety of the staff and children...am i right, or am i right???
3. Love you guys, you do an amazing job. #teachersunderreatedandunderpaidfordoingarguablythemostimportantjobintheworld

Truth!
Posted from Sony D6603
Retired Staff

by Retired Staff Lucas Retired Staff
Message 5 of 5 (99 Views)

Hi @TeKohanga,

Unfortunately we are unable to provide signal everywhere in the country due to the nature of a mobile network.

We have a consumer grade Sure Signal for $199, however you may need to speak to your network admin to see if it will be compatable with your network.

I work in the Mobile On Account and Mobile Technical Support team. I volunteer my time on the Community.
Stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 3w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today