My Flex Plan switch

New Poster

My Flex Plan switch

by bilboyce New Poster
Message 1 of 9 (820 Views)

If I switch to the new prepay My Flex, will I lose my current carry over data/minutes/txts? This doesn't seem to be covered anywhere in the sign up info.

cheers

Bill.

Community Manager

Re: My Flex Plan switch

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 2 of 9 (811 Views)

@bilboyce

Yes, you will, would recommend you wait until you used them all - end of the month?

m

Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Starter Poster

by okkid Starter Poster
Message 3 of 9 (778 Views)

Mike,

I think the important issue here (which you overlook? or avoid? but certainly do not address!) is the OP's comment, "This doesn't seem to be covered anywhere in the sign up info." And that is a failure on Vodafone's part.

Proactive open disclosure would mean that I and customers like me would not have to waste our time and that of your call centre staff to find out that we will lose our carry-over credits. I also learned today that the current $19 plan is to be 'grandfathered', and that if I opt for a new flex plan it will take immediate effect, thus losing a part of my existing plan that I have paid for. [sigh Smiley Frustrated - haven't we been here before with Vodafone in the bad old days before roll-over credits?]

Wouldn't it be nice (and how sad that Vodafone hasn't asked their IT boffins to program it) to have the chosen Flex Plan automatically kick in on the expiry of the month I have already paid for? This would certainly be much more elegant and equitable behaviour, given that the data/minutes/texts of these plans are bonded to a fixed month term.

Please see if you can get the marketing hype changed to openly state the facts; and, since computers do what humans tell them to (well, most of the time, anyway Smiley Wink), see if you can find out who decided not to ask the boffins to prevent this not-so-subtle form of theft - and get it fixed!

Starter Poster

by shelleyd Starter Poster
Message 4 of 9 (737 Views)

From what I can see - you CAN select to have the My Flex plan not cut over immediately - but to come into effect at the end date of your current plan rollover.  It's in the detail on the website - choose not to Buy Now, but to come into effect later...

The previous response to the original poster was to use up all of their rollover minutes, etc before changing plans.  Is that seriously the best response?  Is that a definite "yes by converting you loose everything and go back to zero"?

I never ever use all of my data/minutes - but maybe once a year I use up the data I've saved up all year when I am away from home on holiday...  I don't want to loose all of my carryover just so I can move to a different plan just because Vodafone is retiring the current PrePay offering.  Long term - surely you want to encourage people to convert - not discourage them because you will loose all of the data and minutes you have saved up. 

Starter Poster

by shelleyd Starter Poster
Message 5 of 9 (735 Views)

Oh...and to add to my last message, all of the new My Flex plans have this little gem:

"You can carry over up to 500 unused minutes and up to 3.5GB of unused data when your plan renews. "

Which is a change from the current unlimited carryover...

Contributor toa
Contributor

by Contributor toa Contributor
Message 6 of 9 (700 Views)
So currently I have over 1000 minutes and about 2.3 gig of data on my current prepay plan. If I was to change to flexi pay why can't the allowed allowance be brought across? Also by "grandfathered in" is that meaning the current prepay plan will be stopped?
Cheers
Posted from Samsung SM-N9005
New Poster

by taycgw New Poster
Message 7 of 9 (682 Views)

Sorry, BUT I tried last night to switch, there is no option on the website where you choose to renew it later. I am in deep pain regretting it now. I did not have enough credits for them to renew immediately but they still came into effect immediately when I click on the switch button to see more information.

Now, I have lost about 10days from my previous plan and 3.7GB of data from just trying to find out more about the new plan. And I have to pay casual rates for everything unless I went to top up and renew it. 

My advice: DON'T switch because 1) the cycle gets cut to 4weeks instead of 30days. 2) There is a limit to how much you can carry over 3) The system is still not designed well enough as in my case. 

I hope Vodafone looks into this.

Highlighted
Contributor

by Contributor Wizardmaster Contributor
Message 8 of 9 (656 Views)

I agreed with taycgw.

How I don't need this "MINUTES"   Should be  "Zero" selecting.     I rather  DATA and TXT only.  Because I am total DEAF cannot the phone.
Really,  I been paid $20 Prepay with carry-on in 9 times.   That why 100 mins add up on every time.  I means 4 mins loss was accident touch to calling  (show these screenshot from my mobile.)

IF I switch to FLEX,  I would lose the carry-on.   That everyone will compliant to call a "FAIR GO"   

And.....4 weeks means 28 days ....than Prepaid Carry-on is 30days.   Stolen 2 days means Vodafone's robbery !!

Sound like Vodafone are AGGRESSIVE planning

Screenshot_2016-11-16-07-38-31.png

Starter Poster

by okkid Starter Poster
Message 9 of 9 (654 Views)
So its not just Vodafone being aggressive; greedy, devious, cunning also come to mind. Because by renewing switch every 4 weeks, greedy Vodafone will take your money 13 times a year instead of 12, as at present. That represents an effective 8.3% increase in the cost of a $19 plan. To be fair, the available data and call minutes have also been increased; but that is offset somewhat by placing an absolute ceiling on the allowable carry-over. And yes, grandfathering the present plan means that you can retain it if you want to, but no new sign-ups, and, if you relinquish it, you can never go back to it. The usual nonsense, including stealing your existing carry-over. I just wish that marketing departments at companies like Vodafone were populated by ethical and straightforward people, with the honesty to state this stuff clearly up-front, instead of burying it in the carefully-worded 'fine print'. That way it wouldn't be up to us in a forum like this to discover and publish the unvarnished truth. When, if ever, will they learn that consumers hate having our intelligence insulted by half-truths and hype?
Stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 49w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 7 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today