Mates prepay

Highlighted
Starter Poster

Mates prepay

by NikhilEzioAuditorePrasad Starter Poster
Message 1 of 4 (561 Views)

I recently received the Mates Prepay Sim. I was just wondering if i could keep my original number but also stay on the Mates Prepay Plan? I've tried to switch numbers on the Vodafone app but it tells me that my plan will change to the one I had on the Original Number. Is there any solution to this?

Thanks

Business Ninja Adept

Re: Mates prepay

by Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept
Message 2 of 4 (531 Views)

Hi @NikhilEzioAuditorePrasad

Your post is confusing. 

Is your existing number with Vodafone ? 

If so, why don't you just change the plan on that number to Mates?

If not, you can port your number in from another provider, to replace the number allocated on your new SIM, this can be done online here: http://www.vodafone.co.nz/mobile-plans/switch-to-vodafone/

Hopefully this helps. Sing out if you have further questions. 

Cheers

NOC Engineer | Vodafone NZ
Starter Poster

by NikhilEzioAuditorePrasad Starter Poster
Message 3 of 4 (507 Views)

Hi there Sebastian, 

Yes, I was already with Vodafone.

Here's the full story (which I hope is not too confusing):

I tried to change my plan to Mates Prepay on the Sim I had originally but there is no option for it, so I signed up for the Mates Prepay manually and Vodafone sent me a new Sim.

Now I am using the New Sim and I am on the Mates Prepay Plan but I want to have the same number as before.

I tried to Transfer my Old Number to the New Sim I have now but it says that my Plan will go back to the one I had on the Old Sim. So my question is: Am I able to keep the same Number that is on my Old Sim and also stay on Mates Prepay Plan?

Sorry if it is hard to understand.

Thanks

Business Ninja Adept

by Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept
Message 4 of 4 (497 Views)

You won't be able to swap numbers between SIM's with two active numbers. There is no way the app will let you do that Smiley Happy .

We can definitely change your plan on your existing SIM to mates..

So why don't you private message me your 'old' mobile number, four digit PIN, and what mates plan you want (how much mins / data / SMS) as well as your 'new number'.

We will set your mates plan up on your old SIM and you can continue to use that, with your preferred number..

Cheers

NOC Engineer | Vodafone NZ
Stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 34w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today