Marlborough Bulwer cell site

Highlighted
Regular Poster
Accepted Solution

Marlborough Bulwer cell site

by Regular Poster herbnz Regular Poster
Message 1 of 17 (2,023 Views)

Can any one say why this site was down from morning of 12th to pm 13th.

ringing Vodafone the story was varied but seemed to be planned maintenance and info was on the forum.

I have not been able to locate it here or on the network status.

Herb

Accepted Solutions
Ninja Adept

Re: Marlborough Bulwer cell site

by Ninja Adept Ninja Adept Ninja Adept
Message 3 of 17 (2,576 Views)

Can 100% confirm it was planned work.

It's generally somebody from my team who pulls the planned work details and sends it to the ops guys who update it Smiley Happy

And yeah it was on the network status link but that gets updated approx 10 AM every morning - with sites finished being removed from the list.

View solution in original post

Solution
Accepted by Lon (Staff)
‎03-10-2015 04:33 AM

All Replies
Ninja Master

[ Edited ]
by Ninja Master Ninja Master Ninja Master
Message 2 of 17 (2,022 Views)

Planned capacity upgrade if I remember correct but as the work is now complete the INFO would be removed off the forum,

This would of been BAU upgrade of the hardware on the site for that length of outage, So rebuild ground up

John

I volunteer my time here on the community helping out, Not an official member of the social media team

John Reader | Systems Engineer | Vodafone NZ | +6421323505

To ask me a question directly here on the community post @johnr so I get an email advising me
Ninja Adept

Message 3 of 17 (2,577 Views)

Can 100% confirm it was planned work.

It's generally somebody from my team who pulls the planned work details and sends it to the ops guys who update it Smiley Happy

And yeah it was on the network status link but that gets updated approx 10 AM every morning - with sites finished being removed from the list.

Solution
Accepted by Lon (Staff)
‎03-10-2015 04:33 AM
Regular Poster

Message 4 of 17 (1,989 Views)

Many Thanks  for that.

The shut down affected a lot of our neighbours here.

This site is isolated and to many of us is our only form of communication both net and phone. Physical landlines are not available.

Could some thought be given to a more effective way to notify users ?

The posting on the forum or net status is not effective unless we check daily on the of chance.

A sugestion your operaters have said is maybe txt to users of this site, although this would not work in my case with a wireles home phone.

emails would also be effective to some users.

Another approach here is the use of our local grapevine system.

Or notification in local papers as we have with power cuts.

not any one of the above is 100% and some may be technically impossiple.

Herb

Regular Poster

Message 5 of 17 (1,866 Views)

Posts: 16 Registered: ‎27/10/2008 .on ‎15/12/2013 1:26PM Re: Marlborough Bulwer cell site.Options Mark as NewBookmarkSubscribeSubscribe to RSS FeedHighlightPrintEmail to a FriendReport inappropriate content....Many Thanks for that. The shut down affected a lot of our neighbours here. This site is isolated and to many of us is our only form of communication both net and phone. Physical landlines are not available. Could some thought be given to a more effective way to notify users ? The posting on the forum or net status is not effective unless we check daily on the of chance. A sugestion your operaters have said is maybe txt to users of this site, although this would not work in my case with a wireles home phone. emails would also be effective to some users. Another approach here is the use of our local grapevine system. Or notification in local papers as we have with power cuts. not any one of the above is 100% and some may be technically impossiple. Herb ..

Hi Again 1/1/1014

At the moment I only can recieve the net on 2g , is the site under going updates again or has the 3g extended been affected by the upgrades

Herb

Ninja Master

Message 6 of 17 (1,863 Views)

I would say the site is under new years eve / day loading

I volunteer my time here on the community helping out, Not an official member of the social media team

To ask me a question directly here on the community post @johnr so I get an email advising me
Ninja Adept

Message 7 of 17 (1,848 Views)

Yup no planned work happening. Considering the location overloading....

Regular Poster

Message 8 of 17 (1,771 Views)

Hi The site is still locked to 2G  this has been over a month now I feel all holiday ppl have gone now.

Even in the wee small hours its still 2G.

People I have spoken to are becomming very frustrated, Some even changing to ovther options such as farmside or Pacificnet.

I hope the site is not being set up for 4G and we are on our way to the same as when the 3G was introduced.

Herb

Regular Poster

Message 9 of 17 (1,748 Views)

Hi site changed to 3G + yesterday. Never seen it so fast no dropouts and instant response. Must be a lot users have given up the use of it. Well better enjoy before use builts again.

I really wish Vodafone could be up front with whats going on.

Herb

Ninja Master

Message 10 of 17 (569 Views)

@herbnz The site got another upgrade today from 7.2Mbp/s single carrier to 43Mbp/s dual carrier

Stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 3y ago
  • 4 Kudos
  • 5 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today