Local Calling Number for Mobile Phone

Highlighted
Starter Poster
Accepted Solution

Local Calling Number for Mobile Phone

by iisfaq Starter Poster
Message 1 of 4 (608 Views)

I currently have the VFX service (recently bought from World Communications by Vodafone) whcih gives me a home phone with local calling over the internet. I do not use it any more (unreliable hardware) and have it permanantly redirected to my cell phone.

The cell phone is provided by the company where I work.

When I receive calls on the VFX phone I pay $0.27 per minute because of the redirection to the cell phone.

Is there a way I can have a local number on the cell phone and dump the VFX service?

The company pays for my cell phone calls.

The page about Local Number on the vodafone web site at https://www.vodafone.co.nz/business/mobile/local-number-on-a-mobile/ is pretty useless in terms of information about costs and how to obtain it.

chris

Accepted Solutions
Retired Staff

Re: Local Calling Number for Mobile Phone

by Retired Staff Dylan Retired Staff
Message 2 of 4 (1,136 Views)

Hi Chris

Yes - Local Number on Mobile is a feature included with most of our business mobile plans. There's a list of those on our site here https://www.vodafone.co.nz/business/byo-mobile/ but you may be on a different plan.

I would suggest checking what plan you're on in the My Vodafone app if you have access to it and having a chat to the person in your office who is your Vodafone contact and has authority to change plans/update details. I'm sure they can arrange that for you very easily probably at minimal extra cost if any.

Cheers

Dylan

View solution in original post

Solution
Accepted by arifkhan (Vodafone Ninja)
‎05-11-2015 01:36 PM

All Replies
Retired Staff

by Retired Staff Dylan Retired Staff
Message 2 of 4 (1,137 Views)

Hi Chris

Yes - Local Number on Mobile is a feature included with most of our business mobile plans. There's a list of those on our site here https://www.vodafone.co.nz/business/byo-mobile/ but you may be on a different plan.

I would suggest checking what plan you're on in the My Vodafone app if you have access to it and having a chat to the person in your office who is your Vodafone contact and has authority to change plans/update details. I'm sure they can arrange that for you very easily probably at minimal extra cost if any.

Cheers

Dylan

Solution
Accepted by arifkhan (Vodafone Ninja)
‎05-11-2015 01:36 PM
Senior Contributor

by Senior Contributor shadow Senior Contributor
Message 3 of 4 (589 Views)

I think this feature is a huge MUST for residential mobile connections, if it was offered our landline would be gone by lunchtime (or however long the number port takes)

Starter Poster

by iisfaq Starter Poster
Message 4 of 4 (568 Views)

Thanks Dylan

I will ask and see what I can find out.

Cheers

Chris

Stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2y ago
  • 4 Kudos