Issues with access in Thailand

Highlighted
Frequent Poster
Accepted Solution

Issues with access in Thailand

by Frequent Poster crosis Frequent Poster
Message 1 of 3 (762 Views)

Hi guys

As I cant make a call I was hoping I can use the forum to get some help from tech support. I arrived in Thailand today by train from Malaysia and I am having troubles gaining access. I keep dropping out and showing no service, usually as I go to make a call, but then it will connect for a while to one of two systems (TH3G+ and AIS 3G) when I dont need it. Also keeps telling me my texts have not been sent (but one showing as not delivered did get through?). Due to high cost of data I have cellular data off so I understand no email, but texts should still get there. I am using hotel wifi and laptop for texting at present, but not so easy when walking around town <g>.

What else do you need to know. Can you find my details from my vodafone login?

Also I am inclined to think this looking for networks is why the battery is draining at a much quicker pace than usual. Standby for 5S would normally be a few days, but less than a day here and it has already needed a top up charge. Would that be a fair assumption?

thanks

Accepted Solutions
Frequent Poster

Re: Issues with access in Thailand

Message 3 of 3 (903 Views)

Yep tried the manual selection but then it went to no service message until I turned auto back on.

Thanks for the try though. Just managed to make a local call without dropping. So maybe it is only international it doesnt like?

Will borrow a phone may be easiest.

All the best

View solution in original post

Solution
Accepted by Lon (Staff)
‎03-10-2015 04:33 AM

All Replies
Ninja Master

by Ninja Master Ninja Master Ninja Master
Message 2 of 3 (759 Views)

@crosisIt's not account related if roaming was not active on the Vodafone NZ side you would not be able to connect at all for any amount of time,

Have you tried a manual network selection to a carrier?

Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17 years 4 days
Frequent Poster

Message 3 of 3 (904 Views)

Yep tried the manual selection but then it went to no service message until I turned auto back on.

Thanks for the try though. Just managed to make a local call without dropping. So maybe it is only international it doesnt like?

Will borrow a phone may be easiest.

All the best

Solution
Accepted by Lon (Staff)
‎03-10-2015 04:33 AM
Stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2y ago
  • 2 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today