Global Roaming - $5 a day

Highlighted
Contributor
Accepted Solution

Global Roaming - $5 a day

by Contributor crosis Contributor
Message 1 of 26 (3,037 Views)

Can I just post a BIG thank you to whoever created the $5 a day roaming plan.

Last week I returned from a trip to the USA, UK, Channel Islands and France and it was brilliant being able to use my phone as normal without constantly worrying about data and costs.

Unfortnately tomorrow I head off for a month through Asia and sadly none of the countries I am going to are included in the $5 plan, so it is back to the careful monitoring, not texting and avoiding making calls. I would love to see the $5 a day rolled out to even more places, or maybe even a new level where for $7.50 a day your phone is assigned to work globally?

Accepted Solutions
Contributor

Re: Global Roaming - $5 a day

Message 8 of 26 (3,787 Views)

Haha <g> Good point and well taken.

You know what customers are like though - we are horrible people who ALWAYS want more for less!!

PS Please know in advance when Vodafone has every country covered by the $5 plan, you can expect my email on why the international space station is not included.

View solution in original post

Solution
Accepted by Lon (Staff)
‎03-10-2015 04:33 AM

All Replies
Retired Staff

by Retired Staff johnr Retired Staff
Message 2 of 26 (3,031 Views)

@crosisThanks for the feedback and I am sure more countires will be added, We added a further 6 even just last week

John

Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17 years 4 days
Regular Poster

by Regular Poster suthland Regular Poster
Message 3 of 26 (2,909 Views)

This is an excellent product, thank you.

I see Vodafone Australia is up to 47 countries, can we expect NZ Vodafone to get close to that from the current 23 anytime soon?

They seem to have more Asian countries such as Thailand, China & Indonesia where a lot of Kiwi's travel to.

Retired Staff

by Retired Staff Dylan Retired Staff
Message 4 of 26 (2,901 Views)

Hi @suthland 

I'm sure the team is probably look into expanding it, like John mentioned we've already expanded $5 roaming since it was launched. I hear roaming agreements between countries are pretty complicated so it might not be soon. Of course as normal we can't speculate about new services etc before they're launched. Smiley Happy

Cheers

Dylan

Contributor

Message 5 of 26 (2,892 Views)

Hi Suthland

I too cant wait for more countries to be included. Just been in Thailand and Cambodia for a couple of weeks and basically had to turn the phone off. I see my last bill is over $300 and that was only a few days of my current month long trip. Dreading next months.

Given how cheap it is to buy internet access in many Asian countries it seems strange the Vodafone cost to buy just 25mb of data is $100 in places like Thailand and Cambodia. I am now next door in Vietnam and data roaming is much less at 200mb for $50.

If Vodafone would like to run a vote to prioritise negotiations, then China gets mine. I visit there 3 or 4 times a year and would LOVE to pay just $5 per day. I have some horrendous bills from previous trips.

You dont forget big bills like this - especially when your wife is in charge of your company accounts!

Crosis

Regular Poster

by Regular Poster suthland Regular Poster
Message 6 of 26 (2,890 Views)

I don't know how close the relationship is between Vodafone NZ and Vodafone Au but given they both operate the $5 roaming plan you would think it would be sensible to negotiate these inter country arrangements together. With Australia having 47 in place already we are a long way behind with only 23.

Retired Staff

by Retired Staff johnr Retired Staff
Message 7 of 26 (2,883 Views)

@suthland23 more than the other mobile carriers in New Zealand and more are planned Smiley Happy

Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17 years 4 days
Contributor

Message 8 of 26 (3,788 Views)

Haha <g> Good point and well taken.

You know what customers are like though - we are horrible people who ALWAYS want more for less!!

PS Please know in advance when Vodafone has every country covered by the $5 plan, you can expect my email on why the international space station is not included.

Solution
Accepted by Lon (Staff)
‎03-10-2015 04:33 AM
Starter Poster

by splicetrade Starter Poster
Message 9 of 26 (969 Views)

@johnnr, how do I have my roaming turned off? I don't like that it automatically puts me on roaming. I don't want it. I am currently traveling. Thanks. 

Starter Poster

by splicetrade Starter Poster
Message 10 of 26 (968 Views)

@johnr How do I have Vodafone turn off roaming? I emaled but replies are often slow. I don't want to rack up the bill b.c someone was slow to act on it. I don't like that it automatically puts me on roaming. I don't want it. I am currently traveling. Thanks. 

Stats
  • 25 Replies
  • 3y ago
  • 15 Kudos
  • 12 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today