Extended period of travelling - most sensible plan

Highlighted
Starter Poster
Accepted Solution

Extended period of travelling - most sensible plan

by StephJ Starter Poster
Message 1 of 4 (1,444 Views)

HI there,

In May we sold our house and therefore had no landline so I signed up for the $99/month free calls to OZ/NZ  plan. SInce then, my husband has been sent on a work contract in Bangladesh and we are travelling (UK/Europe) before joining him end of september.

I was advised before I left NZ that there were a couple of options.

1. It is possible to put my phone plan on hold for 3 months as I won't be able to use it efficiently and that I could call 777 to get     them to put a message on it via Vodafone with a redirecting number to my UK sim and later Bangladesh sim. Is that correct? However, now that I'm in the uk and have a sim number to divert to I'm assuming I can't call 777.

2. Scale it back so I can still access and use it with roaming say once a week for work related calls.

I need to stay in touch with the odd work thing so would appreciate some advice as to what the most sensible option is as using data roaming most days on top of the $99.month does not make sense. 

I could phone someone if that is easier. What number should I call?

Yours in anticipation

Stephanie

Accepted Solutions
Ninja Initiate

Re: Extended period of travelling - most sensible plan

by Ninja Initiate Ninja Initiate Ninja Initiate
Message 4 of 4 (1,995 Views)

@StephJ 

Call +64 21 700 700 from any phone and follow the prompts to access your voicemail and personal settings. You will need your 4 digit voicemail pin.

Coming back to your origianl question ;

* If you suspend your account, the sim will be inactive for 3 months i.e. call diverts cannot be placed, txts wont work etc.

* You could use the $5/day daliy roaming feature if you are on an eligible plan.

http://www.vodafone.co.nz/daily-roaming/

If you would like to talk to us you can ring 777 from your Voda NZ mobile or call +64 9 355 2007 from any phone for support.

View solution in original post

Solution
Accepted by Lon (Staff)
‎03-10-2015 04:33 AM

All Replies
Vodafone Ninja

by Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja
Message 2 of 4 (1,442 Views)
Hey Stephanie,

Do you know if your plan is in a term? If it is this may affect your options around changing plans.

Vodafone Social Media Team
Posted from Apple iPhone
Starter Poster

by StephJ Starter Poster
Message 3 of 4 (1,389 Views)

Hi there, i am on a plan. I phoned NZ vodafone the other day as i'm currently in London. I was advised my only option is to put it on hold for three months and that I should phone 701 to put a voice message on to advise anyone trying to get hold of me. 

Unfortunately that has not been successful. Any other suggestions as to how I get a voicemail on there?

Thanks

Stephanie

Ninja Initiate

by Ninja Initiate Ninja Initiate Ninja Initiate
Message 4 of 4 (1,996 Views)

@StephJ 

Call +64 21 700 700 from any phone and follow the prompts to access your voicemail and personal settings. You will need your 4 digit voicemail pin.

Coming back to your origianl question ;

* If you suspend your account, the sim will be inactive for 3 months i.e. call diverts cannot be placed, txts wont work etc.

* You could use the $5/day daliy roaming feature if you are on an eligible plan.

http://www.vodafone.co.nz/daily-roaming/

If you would like to talk to us you can ring 777 from your Voda NZ mobile or call +64 9 355 2007 from any phone for support.

Solution
Accepted by Lon (Staff)
‎03-10-2015 04:33 AM
Stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2y ago
  • 1 Kudo
  • 3 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today