Highlighted
Starter Poster
Accepted Solution

Early plan cancellation

[ Edited ]
by AaronW Starter Poster
Message 1 of 6 (5,339 Views)

Hi, I have two questions

1) I signed for a contract for a 16gb iPhone 5 around 18th July for I think the $80 (monthly) one which I payed $200 up front for, which gets me 1gb data, 2500 texts and 200 minutes (I think) per month. At the time I thought it was great but now I realise It's probably won't be able to pay the plan off in the long run, but in the short run I'm fine. Is there a way for an early cancellation and change to a prepay for the same phone. That would be fantastic if I can

2) When I signed for the contract (I didn't think of asking for it at the time, I should have) I never got a copy for myself to take home, what does that mean for me, what can I do about that (this questions also relates to my previous question also)

If it helps I bought the phone at Vodafone in Botany Town Center

Any kind of answer to this will be helpful, thanks Smiley Happy

Accepted Solutions
Trusted Partner

Re: Early plan cancellation

by Trusted Partner Trusted Partner
Message 2 of 6 (5,850 Views)

Hi Aaronw

Best to call 777 to discuss early termination fees. As you paid so little upfront for the Iphone you would have recieved a handset subsidy. Even going onto a prepay plan involves terminating a contract which will incur fees.

Even if you didn't recieve a hard copy of the contract to take home. You would still have agreed to the connection in the store, however feel free to contact the store and I'm sure they will be more than happy to supply a hard copy for your records

Hope this helps

Mary

View solution in original post

Solution
Accepted by topic author AaronW
‎03-10-2015 04:33 AM

All Replies
Trusted Partner

by Trusted Partner Trusted Partner
Message 2 of 6 (5,851 Views)

Hi Aaronw

Best to call 777 to discuss early termination fees. As you paid so little upfront for the Iphone you would have recieved a handset subsidy. Even going onto a prepay plan involves terminating a contract which will incur fees.

Even if you didn't recieve a hard copy of the contract to take home. You would still have agreed to the connection in the store, however feel free to contact the store and I'm sure they will be more than happy to supply a hard copy for your records

Hope this helps

Mary

Solution
Accepted by topic author AaronW
‎03-10-2015 04:33 AM
Starter Poster

by AaronW Starter Poster
Message 3 of 6 (5,331 Views)

Ok thanks for the help, when I get the chance I'll give 777 a ring Smiley Very Happy

Retired Staff

by Retired Staff johnr Retired Staff
Message 4 of 6 (5,327 Views)

As above store will have a copy of the contract

Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17 years 4 days
Starter Poster

by Fuzzy2014 Starter Poster
Message 5 of 6 (1,549 Views)

Exactly how do i find any information about early cancellation fees (naked broadband) without ringing anyone up and being hassled to stay? I pay $75 a month for 80G but i only use about 25G a month and it seems this is the minimum package vodafone are willing to provide unless i change my mobile to vodafone (which i am not willing to do) then i will receive a $10 discount.

i would simply like to pay less and receive less or cancel my plan...any information or help would be appreciated

Starter Poster

by M2RK Starter Poster
Message 6 of 6 (1,536 Views)
How long have you had your broadband plan for?
Posted from Apple iPhone
Stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 4y ago
  • 1 Kudo
  • 5 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today