Deposit on interest free plan

New Poster

Deposit on interest free plan

by muppet93 New Poster
Message 1 of 5 (498 Views)

If i was to purchase a phone on a open term plan is it possibly to pay a bigger deposit at the start and have reduced repayment fees over the 24 month period?

Retired Staff

Re: Deposit on interest free plan

by Retired Staff Dylan Retired Staff
Message 2 of 5 (477 Views)

muppet93 wrote:

If i was to purchase a phone on a open term plan is it possibly to pay a bigger deposit at the start and have reduced repayment fees over the 24 month period?

Good question. Not really with how it's built in our system at the moment. It's essentially done like an add-on (like bestmate, Vodafone family, data add-on etc) that's added for 24 months, and these monthly device payment add-ons have different values depending on how much needs to be paid off. So if you're buying in store they might be able to help by taking a higher amount up front and giving you a lower monthly add-on cost, but I don't personally know if that's entirely possible.

@JoelA knows much more about this than I do and can probably confirm. Smiley Happy

Expert Contributor

by Expert Contributor Expert Contributor
Message 3 of 5 (473 Views)

I've been holding off using this service until it's built better. I suppose that's why the payments can't be applied to a grandfathered plan (even one that was once eligible) because once a plan has been retired nobody can do anything with it in the system.

Posted from Apple iPad
Highlighted
Business Ninja Initiate

by Business Ninja Initiate Business Ninja Initiate Business Ninja Initiate
Message 4 of 5 (452 Views)

Hi @muppet93,

The $99 deposit is the only option across almost all of our devices sorry (it's a set price, i.e it cannot be increased/decreased etc), excluding a couple of iPhones (iPhone 6 128gb off the top of my head) which has a deposit of $129.

Happy to pass along your feedback however  Smiley Happy

Cheers,

Harry

I'm a Vodafone Ninja in a Vodafone retail store.
Staff

by Staff JoelA Staff
Message 5 of 5 (445 Views)

Couldn't have said it better myself @HarryT! Hope that answers your questions @muppet93 @Dylan

I volunteer my time to help the community but I am not an official member of the Social Media team.
Joel Armstrong | Assistant Store Manager | Vodafone NZ |
Stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1y ago
  • 3 Kudos
  • 5 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today