Credit Card top up declined/error

Highlighted
Starter Poster

Credit Card top up declined/error

by pshand Starter Poster
Message 1 of 12 (3,109 Views)

Hi

Been trying last 2 days to top up mobile but keep getting a message that my credit card is being refused. However my statement shows multiple $1 trasactions to Vodafone on the 1 day ( Sat 25th April ) ,as well as 1 successful top up to a different mobile, and I am no where near my credit limit.

Have tried thru the My Vodafone app and the website. Is this a known issue?

Retired Staff

Re: Credit Card top up declined/error

by Retired Staff Kieran Retired Staff
Message 2 of 12 (3,054 Views)

Came accross a couple of these the other day. Another way to try is if you call up through the 777 IVR and register your card, then topup using last 4 digits of the registered card.

See how that goes, or else I'll try get some more info off you and log the example if not already fixed.

Starter Poster

by pshand Starter Poster
Message 3 of 12 (3,040 Views)

Hi Kieran

I have already purchased a voucher for this months top up so will see if problem rectified when I top up next month thanks

Starter Poster

by ulrikov Starter Poster
Message 4 of 12 (3,022 Views)

This is really irritating... I have the same issue. And it's freakin' annoying!

I recently received a new debit card with the same number but with different security code and expiry date. I decided to update my card details by removing the old one and trying to add the new one in. I was also planning to switch to "newer" Prepay carry over 19...

When I try to add the new one, it keeps getting that error. My account has been charged multiple $1s already for multiple attempts to register the card and trying to top up $20. Things I've done so far:

I've already called up Vodafone customer support yesterday and they don't know how to solve the problem and was not able to register my card. They advised me to ring again today as the system may be ?stucked due to the holiday. Tried ringing today - no call center agent available (ring again later.. WTH?!!). Tried registering the card through app, or through the website and still no result but the $1 deductions.

This is probably the most frustrating experience I have with Vodafone...

Starter Poster

[ Edited ]
Message 5 of 12 (3,013 Views)

Oh, one more thing.. I've rang the bank and they said that there is nothing wrong with my card. So, it has to be on Vodafone side.

I've been charged $7 for 7 multiple attempts to get the card registered... would I get a refund on these?

Staff

by Staff hpatel Staff
Message 6 of 12 (3,008 Views)

The $1 "charges" will actually be temporary authorisations, used to check that the card details are valid. Vodafone hasn't actually charged your card. The authorisations will automatically revert within 7 days.

You can read more about credit card authorisations on our Help page.

I'm a member of the Vodafone Retail team! I volunteer my time on here.
Starter Poster

Message 7 of 12 (3,000 Views)

Okay, so the charges are out of the picture...

Any solution on how to register my card? The card works fine with other things - fuel/grocery purchases, cash withdrawals... It's just getting this to work with Vodafone that's getting a bit on my nerve.

I've managed to talk to support just now... after hours of holding on the line - they don't know what to do. So, next step would be?...

Starter Poster

by Laura-A Starter Poster
Message 8 of 12 (2,994 Views)
I'm having exactly the same problem right now... calling 777 to register my new card hasn't worked and neither have my multiple tries on the app.
Posted from Samsung GT-I8190N
Trusted Partner

by Trusted Partner Trusted Partner
Message 9 of 12 (2,918 Views)

Hi

There was an issue last night which has now been resolved. . Please try it again, should go through.

Mary

Starter Poster

by Laura-A Starter Poster
Message 10 of 12 (2,902 Views)
Have tried several times again today through the app and calling 777. Just now uninstalled and reinstalled the app and im still getting the error messages.
Posted from Samsung GT-I8190N
Stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 2y ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 8 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today