Cant change Prepay plan in My Vodafone

Highlighted
Regular Poster

Cant change Prepay plan in My Vodafone

by Regular Poster TheEnabler Regular Poster
Message 1 of 8 (993 Views)

I bought my daughter a prepay phone, and wanted to add it to my on account MyVodafone, so I could monitor her usage and do some pre-paying.

I couldn't add her number because I got an error message, but tech support in the Philippines did it for me.

So now I try to change her plan in MyVdoafone and I get the error:

Could not retrieve verification status
Please try again.

The Philippines tech support can't help. They have no idea why this is happening, and a couple of times I have had the impression they just want to move on to calls they can solve. One of them actually said "I have lots of calls building up"!

Anyhow.. do I have to set up MyVodafone on the phone for my daughter first? Or.. what? I'm lost.

Can you help?

Community Manager

Re: Cant change Prepay plan in My Vodafone

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 2 of 8 (991 Views)

@TheEnabler

Sorry about the hassles. Is your daughter's plan already in your My Vodafone account? Or you still need to add it?

m

Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Regular Poster

Message 3 of 8 (1,029 Views)

Hi Mike,

My daughter's phone is in MyVodafone. I haven't set up a plan so it's just on the default casual rates.

When I try to change plan, it won't let me. It says

Could not retrieve verification status.

Starter Poster

by thehills Starter Poster
Message 4 of 8 (856 Views)

I do NOT see a SOLUTION to the originally posted ISSUE - I only see another posting of the SAME issue.  I need to have this sorted so I can change some conditions, please.

I appear to have the same problem as reported by the others.

My daughter's phone is listed under my account in My Vodafone.

She used to have a Prepay Carry Over 19 plan applied to her phone.  When I logged in to top her phone up and change her plan today, the listing for her phone was only showing the word Prepay and NOT the whole name of any other plan. It also showed this on all screens I went into for her cell phone number - just the word Prepay and nothing else about any plan associated with her phone

I went to check what plan she was on and could see nothing listed either.  It looked like it could have been a "casual rate" plan screen - no information about her Prepay Carry Over 19 plan was there. I then went into the screen to see what I could change her plan to and got the erroneous message: "Could not retrieve verification status.  Please Try Again".  No options for plans to change to were listed - just that message. 

I then had the thought maybe I had forgotten about already changing it to the "casual rates" plan, so topped it up with $20.  This had the effect of activating the Prepay Carry Over 19 plan that was originally attached to her phone, but wasn't showing up. Now her phone plan (and detail) shows that she HAS that plan associated with her phone.  

HOWEVER, I still cannot change her plan from Prepay Carry Over 19 to Casual or anything else as I still get the message "Could not retrieve verification status.  Please Try Again" when I try.

So in short, the website didn't show ANY record a plan was applied to the phone until the phone was topped up.  I could not change the plan for the phone BEFORE (and still cannot AFTER)  the website had "remembered" the plan that was associated with the phone. All I get is that "Could not retrieve....." message.

What I initially logged on (and wanted) to do was check to see whether there was a light plan I could switch her to, or switch her to casual rates BEFORE I topped her phone up.  Since I couldn't and since the website wasn't reporting a plan assigned, I assumed I had forgotten I had switched her to Casual rates already.  I didn't want to re-trigger the Prepay Carry Over 19 plan, but to change it to something more suitable BEFORE topping up so that this wouldn't happen.

Can you please let me know when the issue with the phone /  website is fixed so that I can set it up to work properly next month? 

Thanks

Regular Poster

Message 5 of 8 (845 Views)

There was no solution posted here, it timed out and sent me an email which I was too tired to rail on about, so I accepted it. Apologies.

My issue was only fixed by my third call to support, they just asked what I wanted and did it for me. The first two calls, I got people who had no idea how to fix it, one of which said "I have more calls in my queue now so I have to deal with them" which wasn't a great reply.

Community Manager

[ Edited ]
by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 6 of 8 (842 Views)

@thehills

Thanks for your post.

From my reading of your post, I would say that your daughter's Carry Over 19 plan lapsed i.e. was due for renewal and insufficient credit was available, so it automatically moved into being on casual rates.

That would explain both why no plan name was shown and also why it reappeared when you topped up.

I'm pretty sure you can see your daughter's plan under your My Vodafone but only she would be able to change plans - I'll double check that. She should have My Flex available - the $9 plan would require a phone call.

Unmarked solution as well.

m

Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Starter Poster

by thehills Starter Poster
Message 7 of 8 (829 Views)

No.......  I have just checked and I still get Could not retrieve verification status with no other plans listed to change to when I go to change plans on her phone.

For reference, the Carry Over 19 plan has remained 'lapsed' as you put it for several months while she wasn't actually using the phone much.  She had about $15 of credit which, while not enough to renew the Carry Over plan, was enough to keep her occupied during that time as she is currently a light user.  However, the Carry Over plan assigned to her phone always showed up and options to change it were always there each month I went in to look at both of my daughter's phone usage......that is until yesterday.

I don't want her on the Carry Over plan because she will obviously not use the features to the full benefit;  Like I said, I honestly thought I must have changed it myself to Casual rates because the description had changed, but after chucking $20 on the phone to top it up, the Carry Over plan activated, even though up until that time there was no mention of it still being there.

I couldn't change the plan (ie: was getting that Could not retrieve verification status message) before I topped her phone up and then once having topped the phone up, the assigned plan's details reappeared and activated on the phone.  However, I still cannot change the plan she is on to something other than the Carry Over plan because I still get that annoying Could not retrieve verification status message when I attempt to.

Any chance the issue can please be reset / sorted without me having to try to talk to someone at the call centre about it?

Business Ninja Adept

by Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept
Message 8 of 8 (826 Views)

Do you want to private message me the phone number, four digit PIN, and what plan you would like it on.. I'll see what I can do for you.

Cheers

NOC Engineer | Vodafone NZ
Stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 43w ago
  • 1 Kudo
  • 4 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today