Can I use the credit that comes on a new SIM when buying a new pre-pay phone bundle?

Highlighted
Starter Poster

Can I use the credit that comes on a new SIM when buying a new pre-pay phone bundle?

by glynne01 Starter Poster
Message 1 of 4 (1,756 Views)

Hi there

My son's current mobile needs replacing. He is currently on one of the prepaid Freebee plans.  Various shops (such as The Warehouse and Warehouse Stationery) include a free SIM card pre-loaded with one month's worth of a prepaid plan (e.g. Smart19Data and NZBestMate).  If I buy him one of these, is he able to take advantage of the free credit on the new SIM?

Trusted Partner

Re: Can I use the credit that comes on a new SIM when buying a new pre-pay phone bundle?

by Trusted Partner Trusted Partner
Message 2 of 4 (1,750 Views)

Hi Glynn

As the device is unlocked, He can use any SIM card, including the one he got with his new device. Bearing in mind, it will have a different mobile number but hey, enjoy the free months usage!

Mary

Starter Poster

Re: Can I use the credit that comes on a new SIM when buying a new pre-pay phone bundle?

by glynne01 Starter Poster
Message 3 of 4 (1,745 Views)

Thanks Mary

Could he transfer his number from his old SIM to the new SIM without creating any problems, and still benefit from the free credit?

Cheers

Glynne

Trusted Partner

by Trusted Partner Trusted Partner
Message 4 of 4 (1,742 Views)

In short no. Both SIM cards will already be active with their own numbers assigned to them.

Mary

Stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 3y ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today