cell tower map?

Cee
Starter Poster
Accepted Solution

cell tower map?

by Cee Starter Poster
Message 1 of 8 (4,641 Views)

I live in a rural area and use a 3G roof aerial to provide my 3G broadband. Currently am connected with a Spark sim, but want to change to a 2degrees sim. I need to re-direct my aerial to a vodafone cell tower I believe. Is there a map so I can see where the closest ones are? I'm west of Masterton.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Retired Staff

Re: cell tower map?

by Retired Staff Lucas Retired Staff
Message 4 of 8 (7,776 Views)

Vodafone does not support or endorse this activity.

You will need to contact 2 Degrees to organise a technitian to come out and perform these changes for you.

I work in the Mobile On Account and Mobile Technical Support team. I volunteer my time on the Community.

View solution in original post

Solution
Accepted by Lon (Staff)
‎03-10-2015 04:33 AM

All Replies
Retired Staff

Message 2 of 8 (4,638 Views)

Hi @Cee ,

Just to confirm, are you using Vodafone Rural Broadband?

Or what kind of set up/aerial do you have?

I work in the Mobile On Account and Mobile Technical Support team. I volunteer my time on the Community.
Cee
Starter Poster

by Cee Starter Poster
Message 3 of 8 (4,636 Views)

Hi. We are at the moment just using the standard Spark 3G network with a 3G aerial on the roof pointing to one of the Spark cell towers to boost the otherwise unusable signal. We have a Huawei E587 wifi device that the aerial plugs into. There's a spark sim in the device currently. I want to switch from Spark to 2degrees because there are better data deals. The wifi device supports this, but 2degrees uses the vodafone network and currently the device can only pick up 2G. Therefore, I am assuming I need to move the aerial but can't find a cell tower map to be able to do that. 

Highlighted
Retired Staff

Message 4 of 8 (7,777 Views)

Vodafone does not support or endorse this activity.

You will need to contact 2 Degrees to organise a technitian to come out and perform these changes for you.

Solution
Accepted by Lon (Staff)
‎03-10-2015 04:33 AM
Cee
Starter Poster

by Cee Starter Poster
Message 5 of 8 (4,618 Views)

Going back to the original question, is there a map of the vodafone cell towers?

Ninja Adept

by Ninja Adept Ninja Adept Ninja Adept
Message 6 of 8 (4,614 Views)

Vodafone don't have any publically available maps pin pointing specific site locations.

Pretty sure there are a few third party ones but I've got no way to say if the GPS co-ordinates are 100% accurate.

In this case I'm happy for you to PM me with your location and I can provide the co-ords for your local site(s)

Retired Staff

by Retired Staff Kieran Retired Staff
Message 7 of 8 (4,602 Views)

There is a 3rd party map here: https://koordinates.com/layer/1502-vodafone-cell-sites/

Accuracy not endorsed by Vodafone in any way and data sourced from Govt RSM database, but it may help.

Retired Staff

by Retired Staff Dylan Retired Staff
Message 8 of 8 (4,596 Views)

Here's another map that might be helpful to you - http://gis.geek.nz/

Again echoing the disclaimers the others said, this is not an endorsement of the accuracy of the information etc etc. Smiley Happy

Just checking have you looked into our RBI plans? It's a product that's really designed for what you're doing. There's info on the plans and coverage on our site here  - http://www.vodafone.co.nz/broadband/rural/

If you have a landline at home this RBI service can replace that too, $95 a month for a landline service and 30GB of data.

http://www.vodafone.co.nz/broadband/rural/wireless-and-calling/

Stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 2y ago
  • 5 Kudos
  • 5 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today