Xbox One

Highlighted
New Poster

Xbox One

by ReubenBowen New Poster
Message 1 of 4 (916 Views)

Hi there, 

I've just bought an xbox one but it requires an internet connection, to connect/play and I wont have internet in this house for a while, is it possible to connect to the internet with an xbox one on a vodem? if so how do I do this? 

Thanks for your time.

Staff Lon
Staff

Re: Xbox One

by Staff Lon Staff
Message 2 of 4 (909 Views)

Hi there, I don't think this will be possible, because the mobile stick has some software that needs to be installed to an operating system before it will function. An XBOX doesn't have the required OS, and to be honest, your online gaming experience will be pretty lackluster over mobile broadband, unless you have fabulous 3G/4G coverage Smiley Sad

@sebastianbd @Lucas - can you confirm/deny?

Please note that I am no longer a permanent moderator of this forum and only check messages during my free time.
Staff Lon
Staff

by Staff Lon Staff
Message 3 of 4 (908 Views)

Oh wait hang on, I reckon you could use Pocket Wifi instead of a Vodem. That should work, if your XBOX One can connect via Wifi. Smiley Happy

http://www.vodafone.co.nz/shop/mobileDetails.jsp?skuId=sku30190617

Please note that I am no longer a permanent moderator of this forum and only check messages during my free time.
Business Ninja Adept

[ Edited ]
by Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept
Message 4 of 4 (906 Views)

Hi All,

No I doubt you would be able to use a vodem directly into a xbox to use the internet, the Xbox would not have the required drivers / software in order to use the vodem.

Lon has mentioned what I was going to suggest! Pocket wifi would definitely be the best way to go if you are wanting to run Xbox over mobile data &colonSmiley Wink

NOC Engineer | Vodafone NZ
Stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2y ago
  • 1 Kudo
  • 3 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today