Wanting to change from Home Wireless Broadband to Home Phone Wireless

Starter Poster

Wanting to change from Home Wireless Broadband to Home Phone Wireless

by TimS1 Starter Poster
Message 1 of 2 (123 Views)

My mother, a Vodafone customer who previously had a home phone over the copper network, recently had her house rebuild, so no wires (either copper or fibre) are currently connected. In a series of phone calls to try to get a home phone conntected, she repeatedly explained that she didn't have a computer, didn't have an email address, and just wanted a phone. 

Eventually someone at Vodafone arranged to send her a wireless modem (the Vodafone B315) which we have set up and she is using it successfully. However, she remained nervous that she didn't really know what anything was costing. I have supported her to sign up to My Vodafone on my computer. We have now discovered that she has been put on the "Wireless Broadband 60GB + Calling" plan, which seems unsuitable (excessive) to her needs. I would have expected her to be put on the "Home Phone Wireless + Local" plan ($25.99 per month).

Is there a way to change from one plan to the other through My Vodafone? (there didn't seem to be any obvious way of doing this). Or is it more complicated? Does she need to attempt yet another call to the call centre?

Highlighted
Business Ninja Adept

Re: Wanting to change from Home Wireless Broadband to Home Phone Wireless

by Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept
Message 2 of 2 (109 Views)

They're completely different products and delivered in different ways too so this change cannot be done in MyVodafone.. Best bet is a call into the call centre and request to change. The person she speaks to could raise a 'sales escalation' back to the team who sold her to product to sort it out.. 

Cheers

I work in Mobile Technical Escalations and I volunteer my time here on the community helping out.
Stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 8w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today