USB Dongle

New Poster

USB Dongle

by winmar007 New Poster
Message 1 of 4 (575 Views)

Hi - I am visiting NZ shortly (from Australia) and want to be able to access the Internet from my iPad.  I realize that wi-fi is readily available but am interested in hiring/purchasing a USB dongle for the 11 days I am in NZ.  Are these available and what is the approximate cost?

Community Manager

Re: USB Dongle

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 2 of 4 (530 Views)

@winmar007

Does your iPad take a SIM card? You could just buy a mobile data plan - Prepay - for your visit. If not we have 1 device available for $49, which comes with 500MB of data.

Cheers

Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
New Poster

by ShariOde New Poster
Message 3 of 4 (521 Views)

Hi there,

Im travelling to NZ as well in a week and was thinking I needed a dongle as well. I'm an Australian Vodafone customer for my iphone with a Red plan thats cool for travel with my phone but I need to work whilst there on my Mac Air Laptop so cant use a sim card like you suggest to the person above.

I am in the south Island for 3 weeks, can you please advise what would be best for me to use to allow me to connect whenever I need to .....

Many Thanks, Shari

Highlighted
Community Manager

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 4 of 4 (505 Views)

@ShariOde

Thanks for your post Shari. Follow the link the post above which goes to our Alcatel Wi-Fi Hotspot, so you get that with some data and connect your MacBook Air over wi-fi - done!

Safe travels, the South Island is very special.

Cheers

Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 22w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors