Retired Staff
Accepted Solution

SIM cards! Mini, Micro, Nano, and more

[ Edited ]
by Retired Staff NikT Retired Staff
Message 1 of 6 (9,758 Views)

SIM sizes.JPG

Hi folks,

So, you've got a new phone or tablet and need a differently-sized SIM card to the one you have currently. What size? What's the difference? Where can you get one?

We've got a great page up that details a number of devices that require SIM cards of a different size to the standard 'mini' SIM - Check it out here: http://www.vodafone.co.nz/micro-nano-sim/

If you've got any questions about SIM cards, how the sizes work, and which devices require which size, feel free to post them here & the community will be more than happy to help you out.

- Nik

Devices team, Vodafone NZ

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Retired Staff

Re: SIM cards! Mini, Micro, Nano, and more

[ Edited ]
Message 3 of 6 (11,486 Views)

Hi Gobit,

Good question! We sell a rather handy SIM adaptor kit that should do the trick: http://www.vodafone.co.nz/shop/accessoryDetails.jsp?skuId=sku22100450&voucherCode=

Just be careful not to put the empty adaptors into devices as they can get stuck, which isn't a fun experience.

Data pooling across multiple SIMs isn't something we currently offer, so the adaptors would be your best bet.

Cheers,

- Nik

View solution in original post

Solution
Accepted by Lon (Staff)
‎03-10-2015 04:33 AM

All Replies
Regular Contributor

by Regular Contributor Gobit Regular Contributor
Message 2 of 6 (9,746 Views)

Hi Nik

I've got three devices, each with their own account and each of which uses a different sized SIM.

I'd love to be able to swap SIMs between devices depending on which account has the most data left on it.

Is it possible to get a nano-SIM for each of the three accounts together with an adaptor which will let me step them up to micro-SIM and mini-SIM as required?

Alternatively (preferably), can I combine all the data allowances into one big chunk of data and then access that from four different SIM numbers?

Thanks n cheers, Gobit

Highlighted
Retired Staff

[ Edited ]
Message 3 of 6 (11,487 Views)

Hi Gobit,

Good question! We sell a rather handy SIM adaptor kit that should do the trick: http://www.vodafone.co.nz/shop/accessoryDetails.jsp?skuId=sku22100450&voucherCode=

Just be careful not to put the empty adaptors into devices as they can get stuck, which isn't a fun experience.

Data pooling across multiple SIMs isn't something we currently offer, so the adaptors would be your best bet.

Cheers,

- Nik

Solution
Accepted by Lon (Staff)
‎03-10-2015 04:33 AM
Regular Contributor

by Regular Contributor Gobit Regular Contributor
Message 4 of 6 (9,725 Views)

Thanks for the link Nik

Cheers, Gobit

New Poster

Micro Sim

by EmmaMaharaj2013 New Poster
Message 5 of 6 (9,708 Views)

Hey am i able to swap my vodafone sim for a micro sim ? does it cost anything ?? 

Retired Staff

Re: Micro Sim

Message 6 of 6 (9,705 Views)

EmmaMaharaj2013 wrote:

Hey am i able to swap my vodafone sim for a micro sim ? does it cost anything ?? 

Hi Emma,

If you have an active connection with Vodafone, just pop into any Vodafone store and our staff will be able to transfer your number to a micro SIM free of charge.

Cheers,

- Nik

Stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 3y ago
  • 1 Kudo
  • 3 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today