Red+ Lite 10gb plan - What about existing customers?

Highlighted
Frequent Poster
Accepted Solution

Red+ Lite 10gb plan - What about existing customers?

by Frequent Poster tcabw Frequent Poster
Message 1 of 12 (1,370 Views)

I am on the Red+ Lite plan and my data has just been topped up for this month, but at the old rate of just over 3gb.

Why aren't existing customers on the same plan automatically topped up to the new 10gb data rate???

Vodafone sends me emails telling me to upgrade my plan to get a better data cap. Does that mean one has to upgrade to the same plan to get the new data cap??  If so, that's balmy and demonstrates the lack of care to look after loyal customers which is typical of the commercial model of Corporates in this day and age including Banks.

I look forward to Vodafone's response.

Tony C.

Starter Poster

Re: Red+ Lite 10gb plan - What about existing customers?

by shanejnz Starter Poster
Message 2 of 12 (1,352 Views)
Totally agree. In fact I was just searching online now for anyone having this same query....

Red+ essentials still only reads 7.5gb at start of new billing period and not the 22gb.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Frequent Poster

Message 3 of 12 (1,337 Views)

Hi Shane,

I did a bit more searching and found that to upgrade you do have to change your plan, but any discounts you might already receive are wiped. I have a $10 credit per month. Not sure how it first was given, but by upgrading on-line this then disappears. One of the Gurus suggested getting in touch with "The Retention Department" at Vodafone and talking it through as they are the only ones able to grant credits. I did try ringing their  0800 number, but of course that's a chinese maze and no hope of ever talking to a human.

One despairs at these Corporate shenanagins but unfortunately they all come out of the same mould whatever you choose, Spark, 2 degrees, Vodafone. {sigh}. Perhaps putting this behaviour in front of the media is the only solution. Usually something gets done when the media spotlight shines a light on it.  I'm musing on how to achieve this.

cheers

Tony C (disgruntled and disillusioned 71 year old)

Senior Contributor

by Senior Contributor gregmcc Senior Contributor
Message 4 of 12 (1,323 Views)

I'm in the same situation, Why does Vodafone continue to ignore customers and hope this works out ok?

Contributor

by Contributor crosis Contributor
Message 5 of 12 (1,299 Views)

Hi there

I was on the Red lite plan with 4gb of data. I read about the increase to 10gb and rang the help desk. They amended it over the phone to start the following month. No hassles at all. Would be easier if it had been automatic, but still happy to have the extra data at no cost.

Always find the crew helpful.

That said, new plan seems to burn the data quicker (am just about to post on this in a new thread).

Starter Poster

by shanejnz Starter Poster
Message 6 of 12 (1,281 Views)
Well, three days later after this thread started and within a current bill cycle, I now see 22gb data allocation appear.

Awesome! So maybe automatically changing after all (or posting here worked). Either way thanks Vodafone team.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Frequent Poster

Message 7 of 12 (1,274 Views)

Hasn't on mine yet............  but one lives in hope. I guess I'd be happy if they upped the data at the next billing cycle.

cheers

TC

Expert Contributor

by Expert Contributor Expert Contributor
Message 8 of 12 (1,256 Views)

I'm pretty surer nobody on those plans got a automatic upgrade as the plans were grandfathered.

Senior Contributor

by Senior Contributor gregmcc Senior Contributor
Message 9 of 12 (1,251 Views)

my billing cycle ends in a few days, I'm not holding my breath for the upgrade, what really annoys me is my wife's plan was automatically upgrade last billing cycle!, now I'm paying more for less Smiley Sad

Expert Contributor

by Expert Contributor Expert Contributor
Message 10 of 12 (1,248 Views)

Did she recieve a text from vodafone saying they would automatically upgrade her?

Stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 44w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 5 Contributors