Phone Cannot connect to internet

Starter Poster
Accepted Solution

Phone Cannot connect to internet

[ Edited ]
by ThomasE Starter Poster
Message 1 of 6 (2,800 Views)

Hey there,

I'm currently trying to connect to Vodafones Internet service on my mobile phone. I've tried using the APN settings from this post but it hasn't fixed the issue. 

I took it in yesterday to the Vodafone store and a Ninja managed to fix it for me, but last night, somehow, the phone reverted the APN settings to a telecom network - of which, I haven't used for over a year.

Here's some screens of my network settings;

Screenshot_2015-04-30-09-57-19.pngScreenshot_2015-04-30-10-05-03.pngScreenshot_2015-04-30-10-05-08.png

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Starter Poster

Re: Phone Cannot connect to internet

Message 6 of 6 (4,479 Views)

So the result of all of this is that I believe that the wireless radio chip in my phone died, or partially died. I ended up purchasing a new phone and everything is working now. Thanks for the help from everyone Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

Solution
Accepted by topic author ThomasE
‎03-10-2015 04:33 AM

All Replies
Retired Staff

by Retired Staff johnr Retired Staff
Message 2 of 6 (2,778 Views)

Hi @ThomasE

I take it the handset is a import and not sold by VodafoneNZ as the screen shot is showing ' CDMA '

VodafoneNZ can provide no official support in this case as the handset / software has not been tested for the network,

If the handset keeps changing to default settings then you will need support from place of purchase

John

Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17 years 4 days
Starter Poster

Message 3 of 6 (2,770 Views)
Thanks for the reply johnr,

I am on a phone that is from the state's. But I have been on Vodafone for over a year now without any issues, until now, when I changed my plan to the vodafonex $16.

The ninja in the store changed some APN settings and then restarted my phone to get it working. I can't figure out exactly what she changed,

I am on a HTC Droid DNA

Cheers.
Posted from HTC HTC6435LVW
Business Ninja Adept

[ Edited ]
by Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept
Message 4 of 6 (2,761 Views)

Changing Prepay plans would have zero effect on the APN settings stored in your handset.

NOC Engineer | Vodafone NZ
Retired Staff

[ Edited ]
by Retired Staff johnr Retired Staff
Message 5 of 6 (2,755 Views)

As noted above changing Prepay plan is all on the Vodafone side not the handset,, It's something about the handset,

Posting the make and model of your handset does not add value as Vodafone can not provide any official support, We have not network tested / approved the handset,

Thanks

Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17 years 4 days
Highlighted
Starter Poster

Message 6 of 6 (4,480 Views)

So the result of all of this is that I believe that the wireless radio chip in my phone died, or partially died. I ended up purchasing a new phone and everything is working now. Thanks for the help from everyone Smiley Happy

Solution
Accepted by topic author ThomasE
‎03-10-2015 04:33 AM
Stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2y ago
  • 2 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today