Outlook App Data Usage!

Highlighted
Starter Poster
Accepted Solution

Outlook App Data Usage!

by Drummy Starter Poster
Message 1 of 3 (831 Views)

WOW! What the heck??!!

I got a new S6 a few days ago, and in the first 24 hours, my outlook app used close to 5 GB of my mobile data!!!

I have no clue how! Im pretty tech savvy, and this is my 5th Samsung galaxy handset, but i just cannot figure out. obviously it was trying to sync something, but it doesnt make sense that it would consume almost 5 GB of data in a 24 hour period. I only realised when i got my 80% data usage warning, as I hadnt received any new emails from the app. now i have had to buy extra data, as i have 18 days left in my billing period! I quickly uninstalled the app when I realised, and used the default android email app, which has caused me no problems.

Is there any chance I can claim this data back?

Thanks

Drummy

Accepted Solutions
Vodafone Ninja

Re: Outlook App Data Usage!

[ Edited ]
by Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja
Message 3 of 3 (1,309 Views)

HI @Drummy,

Thanks for your message and welcome to the Vodafone Community.

With the Outlook App it would usually, by default download all he email folders of your email account over to your mobile, which is why it's always better to do this via Wifi, otherwise it will go ahead and use your mobile data.

Unfortunately we can't re-add the data again as this will only renew for you on the monthly billing cycle date, and the only option for now will be the Flexi Data add-ons.

Still if I can get you to send us a Private Message with your mobile number and we can trace the data usage. After all, it could be another app in the background that has used some of your data as well.

Kind Regards

Ahmed

View solution in original post

Solution
Accepted by AhmedA (Vodafone Ninja)
‎03-10-2015 04:33 AM

All Replies
Starter Poster

by Drummy Starter Poster
Message 2 of 3 (791 Views)

Somebody, please? Man Surprised

Vodafone Ninja

[ Edited ]
by Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja
Message 3 of 3 (1,310 Views)

HI @Drummy,

Thanks for your message and welcome to the Vodafone Community.

With the Outlook App it would usually, by default download all he email folders of your email account over to your mobile, which is why it's always better to do this via Wifi, otherwise it will go ahead and use your mobile data.

Unfortunately we can't re-add the data again as this will only renew for you on the monthly billing cycle date, and the only option for now will be the Flexi Data add-ons.

Still if I can get you to send us a Private Message with your mobile number and we can trace the data usage. After all, it could be another app in the background that has used some of your data as well.

Kind Regards

Ahmed

Solution
Accepted by AhmedA (Vodafone Ninja)
‎03-10-2015 04:33 AM
Stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2y ago
  • 1 Kudo
  • 2 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today