IPSEC VPN on B315 router/4G

Starter Poster

IPSEC VPN on B315 router/4G

by JeroenJordens Starter Poster
Message 1 of 4 (757 Views)

Hey guys,

Really hoping I can get some help here.

I have a client who needs to establish an IPSEC VPN from one office to another. The new office runs a Vodafone B315 router, with a hardware firewall appliance to establish the VPN.

The firewall works fine on my workbench (we are an outside IT contractor) and the VPN is up right away.

Behind the 4G network, nothing. The remote end doesn't even see my attempts to bring up the tunnel, and this end gets timeouts waiting on peer.

I have created a DMZ to the WAN interface of the firewall in the modem, have also opened up individual ports (500 and 4500) and created a vritual server, all to no avail.

I suspect the VPN is being blocked by VF. Perhaps I have an active imagination, but wondering if the IP at the new office is some sort of virtual IP and any such IPSEC traffic is being killed.

Really need some help. Again, the VPN comes up when I plug the firewall into my own router. as soon as I'm behind the 4G connection the remote end doesn't see any attempts to connect.

Spoke with VF who told me it _should_ work but isn't something they normally deal with...

Starter Poster

Re: IPSEC VPN on B315 router/4G

by JeroenJordens Starter Poster
Message 2 of 4 (723 Views)

Guys has nobody struck this, or have any advice?

Starter Poster

[ Edited ]
by Warwick Starter Poster
Message 3 of 4 (320 Views)

Vodafone NEVER replied to me on this issue, so I contacted Spark and their reply from a "Digital Expert" was thus:

Thanks for your patience while I looked into this.

I've spoken to our Wireless broadband team and unfortunately it looks like IPsec tunnelling would not work with Wireless broadband.

There you have it... no reason, just a flat NO from Spark.

I've contacted them with a request to specify whether it is just their modem or the carrier service that is preventing the possibility. Will post when I hear back... IF I hear back. If ut's just the modem I'll probably get the D-Link DWR-925 or preferably something from Draytek. 

Starter Poster

[ Edited ]
by JonathanBrophy Starter Poster
Message 4 of 4 (97 Views)

RBI works behind a CG nat that is the main reason it wont work.

you also cant change the router as it is tac locked.

type allocation code which is the first 8 digits of your imie number and the sim will refuse to work on a device with out that specific tac code of the device th sim is fitted to.

Stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 36w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today