IPSEC VPN on B315 router/4G

Starter Poster

IPSEC VPN on B315 router/4G

by JeroenJordens Starter Poster
Message 1 of 2 (288 Views)

Hey guys,

Really hoping I can get some help here.

I have a client who needs to establish an IPSEC VPN from one office to another. The new office runs a Vodafone B315 router, with a hardware firewall appliance to establish the VPN.

The firewall works fine on my workbench (we are an outside IT contractor) and the VPN is up right away.

Behind the 4G network, nothing. The remote end doesn't even see my attempts to bring up the tunnel, and this end gets timeouts waiting on peer.

I have created a DMZ to the WAN interface of the firewall in the modem, have also opened up individual ports (500 and 4500) and created a vritual server, all to no avail.

I suspect the VPN is being blocked by VF. Perhaps I have an active imagination, but wondering if the IP at the new office is some sort of virtual IP and any such IPSEC traffic is being killed.

Really need some help. Again, the VPN comes up when I plug the firewall into my own router. as soon as I'm behind the 4G connection the remote end doesn't see any attempts to connect.

Spoke with VF who told me it _should_ work but isn't something they normally deal with...

Highlighted
Starter Poster

Re: IPSEC VPN on B315 router/4G

by JeroenJordens Starter Poster
Message 2 of 2 (254 Views)

Guys has nobody struck this, or have any advice?

Stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 15w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 1 Contributor
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today