iPhone 3GS - Message Send Failure

New Poster
h3llboy47

by h3llboy47 New Poster
Message 1 of 9 (2,907 Views)
Hi All,

Recently i acqiured a iPhone 3gs as a replacement for me Lg Smartphone. It all worked snappy and then one day last week when trying to send a message to a 2degrees person, the progress bar got about 90% done, and then it holds there, and then says message send failure with a red exclamation mark. So i thought ok. Then i tried messaging another 2 people, each with a vodafone sim and vodafone handset. And it doesnt work for those two Only 5 of my 20 contacts work now, and the majority being vodafone.. Could it be my sim packing up on me? I'm Not Sure. But i would like some help based this way becasue ios5 and ios 4.3.3 had this probelem aswell, thats why i upgraded.

Cheers in advancement,

Alex
Please use plain text.
Ninja Master
johnr

by Ninja Master Ninja Master
Message 2 of 9 (2,907 Views)
No way it's SIM related as the SIM is only used to ID a subscriber onto the mobile network
I volunteer my time here on the community helping out, Not an official member of the social media team

John Reader | Systems Engineer | Vodafone NZ | +6421323505
Please use plain text.
MaryU
Topics: 6
Solutions: 61

by Ninja Adept Ninja Adept
Message 3 of 9 (2,907 Views)
AlexWhite, on 24 November 2012 - 07:32 AM, said:

Hi All,

Recently i acqiured a iPhone 3gs as a replacement for me Lg Smartphone. It all worked snappy and then one day last week when trying to send a message to a 2degrees person, the progress bar got about 90% done, and then it holds there, and then says message send failure with a red exclamation mark. So i thought ok. Then i tried messaging another 2 people, each with a vodafone sim and vodafone handset. And it doesnt work for those two Only 5 of my 20 contacts work now, and the majority being vodafone.. Could it be my sim packing up on me? I'm Not Sure. But i would like some help based this way becasue ios5 and ios 4.3.3 had this probelem aswell, thats why i upgraded.

Cheers in advancement,

Alex

Hi Alex.

You can try doing a network reset. Many other things to look for on the Iphone that can cause this issue. Otherwise please call 0800921021 so we can look at this for you

Mary
I'm part of the Corporate Service team. I've worked in mobile technical support previously and volunteer my time on the community.
Please use plain text.
New Poster
h3llboy47

by h3llboy47 New Poster
Message 4 of 9 (2,907 Views)
Mary U, on 24 November 2012 - 10:25 AM, said:

Hi All,

Cheers in advancement,

Alex

Hi Alex.

You can try doing a network reset. Many other things to look for on the Iphone that can cause this issue. Otherwise please call 0800921021 so we can look at this for you

Mary

Hello, i've done a full network reset, and i even restored my phone to stock and still the same. My parent ssaid that they get it on their iphone aswell because they are changing to their own individual lines or something.
Please use plain text.
MaryU
Topics: 6
Solutions: 61

Message 5 of 9 (2,907 Views)
AlexWhite, on 24 November 2012 - 11:58 AM, said:

Mary U, on 24 November 2012 - 10:25 AM, said:

Hi All,

Cheers in advancement,

Alex

Hi Alex.

Mary

Hello, i've done a full network reset, and i even restored my phone to stock and still the same. My parent ssaid that they get it on their iphone aswell because they are changing to their own individual lines or something.

Hi Alex

Click on my username and PM me your details. Do not post your personal details on the forum.

Mary
I'm part of the Corporate Service team. I've worked in mobile technical support previously and volunteer my time on the community.
Please use plain text.
Ninja Master
johnr

Message 6 of 9 (2,907 Views)
Have you tried SIM card in another handset?
I volunteer my time here on the community helping out, Not an official member of the social media team

Please use plain text.
New Poster
h3llboy47

by h3llboy47 New Poster
Message 7 of 9 (2,907 Views)
johnr, on 25 November 2012 - 07:53 AM, said:

Have you tried SIM card in another handset?

I tried it in my Lg GT540 works good. Picks it up and sends flawlessly. I hope its not my iphone.
Please use plain text.
Ninja Master
johnr

Message 8 of 9 (2,907 Views)
Well that shows it's not the SIM card and shows it's not the network, So really does not leave much else

John

Please use plain text.
Ninja Adept
RochelleB

Message 9 of 9 (2,907 Views)
Good morning,
Did you PM Mary?
When sending the message is it failing to send as an iMessage or SMS? (iMessage appears in Blue, SMS in green).

Regards
Rochelle B
I currently work in Mobile Technical Support. I have assisted with Technical Escalations and volunteer my time here on the Community.

Please use plain text.
Stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1y ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 4 Contributors