notification of missed credit card payment

Starter Poster

notification of missed credit card payment

by customer201807 Starter Poster
Message 1 of 3 (318 Views)

Am I correct in thinking that when a auto credit card payment is declined, vodafone doesn't attempt the charge again or notify the customer by email or txt?

Whenever this has happened to me, I haven't received any notification. If this is how the system is intended to work, its hard not to be cynical and think that vodafone prefer their customers don't realize the payment failed and likely incur a late payment fee. Other companies notify when an automatic credit card payment fails, and reattempt the charge, why isn't vodafone?

Community Manager

Re: notification of missed credit card payment

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 2 of 3 (278 Views)

@customer201807

if a payment is declined due to insufficient funds then we will automatically retry after 5 working days. If that attempt fails due to insufficient funds again then a TXT will be sent to your contact mobile phone number. If a payment was declined for any other reason then we will not retry and a TXT will be sent to your contact mobile number to let you know the payment failed.

Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Highlighted
Starter Poster

Re: notification of missed credit card payment

by customer201807 Starter Poster
Message 3 of 3 (275 Views)

I see, that would certainly solve the problem that I have been having with missing payments and not realising. However for whatever reason it doesn't seem that the payments have been reattempted, and I haven't received any txts when I have missed payments. Could this be because I have an ex telstra clear account? Or could there be some other reason that I dont' receive a txt to notify of failed payments?

Stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 14w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors