Vodafone website revamp is a disaster

Starter Poster

Vodafone website revamp is a disaster

by alanw Starter Poster
Message 1 of 10 (2,337 Views)

The new vodafone website is unusable.  I cannot logon using Lastpass to autofill my id/password because the dialog disappears as soon as I move the cursor.  It won't let me paste into the fields either.

And the contact vodafone via email page doesn't work or even display properly either.  I am using Chrome browser.

Whoever did this redesign should be sacked.

Ninja Master

Re: Vodafone website revamp is a disaster

by Ninja Master Ninja Master Ninja Master
Message 2 of 10 (2,334 Views)

The web team are aware of a few issues with the new site and are deploying chages / fixes quite often,

John

Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17 years 4 days
Starter Poster

by alanw Starter Poster
Message 3 of 10 (2,324 Views)

Eventually I managed to get back to the old logon page here: https://www.vodafone.co.nz/knox/login_handler.jsp

Then I could sign in.

Community Manager

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 4 of 10 (2,314 Views)

Hi Tipster

Thanks for the feedback. The sign in process and the rollover menus are being tweaked so that it's easier to use, so for instance we have lengthened the time the menu stays open and be assured we're tracking performance etc.

Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Ninja Master

Message 5 of 10 (2,294 Views)

Alan if you find anything else please let us know,

New Poster

by 51053632180635_ New Poster
Message 6 of 10 (1,351 Views)

Just chiming in to say the same as alanw.

Late October 2013 to almost the end of February 2014? And you say that you are pushing out updates as quick as possible?

This is not the only issue that I have had with Vodafone's new website. Every time I get a "We are fixing that issue." email, I have to laugh because months later ... the issues still persist.

Ninja Master

[ Edited ]
Message 7 of 10 (1,345 Views)

@51053632180635_  So please let us know the issue/s? Changes happen weekly

John

Community Manager

Message 8 of 10 (1,340 Views)

Thanks for your feedback. As John says, there are releases every week. Do you have the same mega menu issue or something else?

Vodafone New Zealand
Starter Poster

by UPLO Starter Poster
Message 9 of 10 (213 Views)

Just to chime in on some issues with the website -  I've found it pretty frustrating to use since the last big revamp with all these fancy moving graphics on the page. 

For a personal/home account it's generally fine, and the app version is great - but I also use My Vodafone for a company account with around 80 connections.  Typically the only things I'm going to log in for are to update a connection name (i.e. when staff leave, or start), check new connection numbers if our account manager hasn't told us and only very occasionally to check staff data/minutes usage.

The main problem is with the summary page you're immediately taken to where it wants to show you usage graphics for every single connection on the account.  We have a fibre internet connection and it still takes a while for the graphics to load, and you have to scroll scroll scroll down to get it to even initiate loading of all of the connections.  Even more infuriating is the fact that the connections are listed in order of number NOT name!  I don't know about anyone else but I don't identify people by their mobile number... so if I'm wanting to find out something quickly or change a specific person I have to get the whole page to load and then CTRL + F to find the person.

There have been some minor things tidied up over time, and thank god they finally made the "manage connections" link visible and not hidden under those menus at the top.  But even the manage connections page is ordered by mobile number, not name.  And even though there are no graphics on this page - it still seems to take a while and lots of scrolling to get the names to even appear.

When you go to the "Usage" page where it gives you the option to select from a list of connections to view more detail about their individual usage - again, ordered by number, not name.  Because it's a drop down I can't just CTRL+F to search for their name.  I can't even start typing their name in the drop down because the number comes first.  So again I've got to wait for all the numbers/names to load (seriously, why does this take so long?), then scroll through and find the person I'm after.

It just seems really impratical for a business account with this many connections.  Maybe we're not supposed to use this?  I've been given a login to a seperae business page for downloading reports but those are rarely required and don't even get me started on how user-unfriendly that site is to use. 

Highlighted
Community Manager

Message 10 of 10 (176 Views)

@UPLO

Thanks for the considered feedback, will certainly pass that onto the team.

Vodafone New Zealand