Vodafone Prime 6 and a Vodafone Italy micro sim card

Highlighted
Starter Poster

Vodafone Prime 6 and a Vodafone Italy micro sim card

by PhilDrane Starter Poster
Message 1 of 2 (82 Views)

Hi fellow Prime 6ers,

This seems a more logical place to float this question than a general travel website.

Has any Prime 6 user had experience of using their mobile phone in Italy?

My wife and I will be there for 10 days in June and all our booked accommoddation has Wifi.

Currently we're trying to avoid roaming as an option so we're planning on using Viber on her iPhone 6+ for non-urgent Internet communication to NZ.

We're also thinking about a using 'mapme' as a navigation tool when we're out and about, and considering a prepaid Vodafone micro sim card for my Prime 6 for the comms.

Is there any reason why my tied Vodafone Prime 6 would not plug and play with a Vodafone Italy micro sim card?

Any other inspirational suggestions welcome.

Thanks all,

Phil Drane

Vodafone Ninja

Re: Vodafone Prime 6 and a Vodafone Italy micro sim card

by Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja
Message 2 of 2 (67 Views)

Hi @PhilDrane!

Exciting to hear you'll be going to Italy!

Providing both handsets are unlocked, you should be able to use prpeay sims there for both but it'll depend on what bands the telcos over there use to transmit services. What I'd suggest it popping into the stores that sell prepay sims over there and checking if their networks share the same bands the Prime use(http://userguide.vodafone.co.nz/web/vodafone-smart-ultra-6/specifications) then you should be fine!

Best of luck and safe travels!

Regards,
^Zane Cat Happy