Viewing own posts in Vodafone communiuty

Contributor
Accepted Solution

Viewing own posts in Vodafone communiuty

by Contributor Yp8ryjw8479T Contributor
Message 1 of 9 (1,423 Views)

It is really really hard to view ones own posts, and reponses to them.

In fact I have yet to find a way.

For example it would be good to have, under the Welcome menu (in addition to Profile, My Settings, Community Help) a menu item "My Posts".

And perhaps under search an opotion to find all "My Posts" and search withing them.

My frustrated 2 cents worth

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Retired Staff

Re: Viewing own posts in Vodafone communiuty

by Retired Staff Dylan Retired Staff
Message 9 of 9 (2,546 Views)

Yp8ryjw8479T wrote:

did try the desktop site on my mobile,

pretty difficukt to deal with and on the small screen I could not find the link that has been mentioned in this forum.

To me one of the natural places to find my posts is a link from within my profile to "my posts"

Yeah, it's there on desktop, but the module isn't mobile capable on our instance yet. Here's a direct link to your recent posts - but if you're clicking it on mobile it'll still show the desktop version of that page module.

http://community.vodafone.co.nz/t5/forums/recentpostspage/post-type/message/user-id/24657

Vodafone Community is powered by software from Lithium. They're very good and I've loved working with them, but they've been a little slow on the uptake of responsive. Now it's a supported feature on the platform Vodafone Group has a redesign project underway that all Vodafone operating companies have contributed to including us in Vodafone New Zealand.

So, it's coming, probabaly. Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

Solution
Accepted by topic author Yp8ryjw8479T
‎30-03-2016 07:31 PM

All Replies
Frequent Poster hb
Frequent Poster

by Frequent Poster hb Frequent Poster
Message 2 of 9 (1,402 Views)

If you are on desktop you should be able to scroll to the bottom of the page and on the right side there is a section that says "My posts" and then lists any posts you've made.

Retired Staff

Message 3 of 9 (1,398 Views)

Thanks very much for the feedback. Like hb mentioned there's the "My posts" component on the desktop home page sidebar, and also at the board and topic level too, and on the desktop profile page. There's a link to "View all" that logically shows all your posts. That page isn't available on the mobile version yet, and I appreciate that it probably doesn't show the level of detail that you're after. Another option would be to subscribe to the discussions you're interested in and you'll receive a new email as new replies are posted.

We're moving towards a responsive design for Vodafone Community which should be in places in the next few months. At the same time we may enable a new notification feature that provides better information about interactions etc. Lots of good stuff happening. Smiley Happy

Contributor

Message 4 of 9 (1,380 Views)

And from a mobile?

Frequent Poster hb
Frequent Poster

by Frequent Poster hb Frequent Poster
Message 5 of 9 (1,374 Views)

He said it's not available on mobile yet, though you could always click "go to desktop site" at the bottom?

Retired Staff

Message 6 of 9 (1,349 Views)

Yp8ryjw8479T wrote:

And from a mobile?

Hopefully will be included as part of the new responsive design. That's one design that automatically resizes components to the size of the screen you're using. Much better than parallel mobile and desktop versions like we have on Vodafone Community at the moment.

Contributor

Message 7 of 9 (1,339 Views)

pretty difficukt to deal with and on the small screen I could not find the link that has been mentioned in this forum.

To me one of the natural places to find my posts is a link from within my profile to "my posts"

Contributor

Message 8 of 9 (1,337 Views)

Here's hoping, but better navigation and design, as well as responsive design are required.

Highlighted
Retired Staff

Message 9 of 9 (2,547 Views)

Yp8ryjw8479T wrote:

Yeah, it's there on desktop, but the module isn't mobile capable on our instance yet. Here's a direct link to your recent posts - but if you're clicking it on mobile it'll still show the desktop version of that page module.

http://community.vodafone.co.nz/t5/forums/recentpostspage/post-type/message/user-id/24657

Vodafone Community is powered by software from Lithium. They're very good and I've loved working with them, but they've been a little slow on the uptake of responsive. Now it's a supported feature on the platform Vodafone Group has a redesign project underway that all Vodafone operating companies have contributed to including us in Vodafone New Zealand.

So, it's coming, probabaly. Smiley Happy

Solution
Accepted by topic author Yp8ryjw8479T
‎30-03-2016 07:31 PM