Clearnet Email - insecure login hotification

Starter Poster

Clearnet Email - insecure login hotification

by Amie65 Starter Poster
Message 1 of 6 (269 Views)

Good morning.  When I go to the online Clearnet login page for my email, I get a notice saying that it is an insecure login - as did this site.

This should be something that is an automatic red flag and sorted by vodafone surely.

Also the SPAM is huge - does the insecure login have anything to do with the level of spam suddenly being received?

Contributor

Re: Clearnet Email - insecure login hotification

by Contributor capcomnz Contributor
Message 2 of 6 (264 Views)

Hi

I'm not sure what browser your using (Firefox or Chrome - maybe something else ??) but I get this warning as well. I use Firefox.

Its warning you that for a site that uses a login (normally username and password) that the site is not secure.

see here for a better explaination:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/insecure-password-warning-firefox?as=u&utm_source=inproduct

Most sites now are using "https"

the "s" at the end means its secure. You'll notice most sites now use this standard, including banks etc. (or at least they should)

BUT good old Vodafone hasnt upgraded these sites to use "https" meaning until they do you'll get the warning.

I still feel fine using these sites using my home network BUT i would be careful if using it on a open public site (like free wifi and libraries etc)

Starter Poster

by Amie65 Starter Poster
Message 3 of 6 (259 Views)

Hi Capcomnz

Thanks for your reply.  Yes I was aware of those details - I am using Firefox currently.  I only access via home or work.

But.....Vodafone need to action this or they are going to lose a lot of customers - security is a huge issue these days.

Contributor

by Contributor capcomnz Contributor
Message 4 of 6 (254 Views)

Hi

I did advise them back on the 8th March !!

Got a reply from @MikeHales saying "Thanks for your post - I'll check on that."

That was it

They are going to lose customers.

Frankly i'm sick of the amount of spam getting through (as are others) and this morning emails arnt working.

I rang and according to Tech people there is an issue with emails at the moment.

Community Manager

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 5 of 6 (232 Views)

Not forgotten about, apologies for lack of update. As soon as I have news I will share.

Cheers

Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Posted from Apple iPad
Highlighted
Starter Poster

by Amie65 Starter Poster
Message 6 of 6 (222 Views)

Apart from the security issue and the spam issue there is also an issue where it is taking approx 24 hours for emails to be delivered - not great when you are expecting documents that have to be returned immediately.

Stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 6w ago
  • 2 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today