calling a 0800 number overseas

Starter Poster

calling a 0800 number overseas

by joel1961 Starter Poster
Message 1 of 5 (255 Views)

Hi

I would like to know if calling an overseas 0800 that is supported by another network using a vodafone landline, will that cause me to be charged for the call?

Thank you for your assistance.

Cheers

Staff

Re: calling a 0800 number overseas

by Staff sams Staff
Message 2 of 5 (250 Views)

If you're referring to a free call number that's from another country, IE a 1800 number from the USA, you can usually still call these ok, but you would be charged the standard internationally calling rate as it is an international call.

- Sam

I work for Vodafone, supporting our mobile and fixed customers, and volunteer my time on the community.

PM = Private Message. Click on my name to send me a message.
Starter Poster

Message 3 of 5 (245 Views)

Hi

Thank you for the response. I should have mentioned that it is an international toll free 800 number provided by a company in the Philippines for its overseas clients. However, they also noted that the carrier is Telecom NZ. I am a Vodafone subscriber and if I use my landline to call this number, will I get charged because the carrier is Telecom.

Thank you for your assitance.

Staff

by Staff sams Staff
Message 4 of 5 (242 Views)

Oh ok in that case, if its an actual 0800 number you're dialling, then yeah that's fine, it will be completely free for you.

It's similar to a lot of companys like Apple etc, where most calls are actually routed overseas but that's all handled by them.

- Sam

I work for Vodafone, supporting our mobile and fixed customers, and volunteer my time on the community.

PM = Private Message. Click on my name to send me a message.
Highlighted
Starter Poster

Message 5 of 5 (239 Views)
Hi

Awesome. Thank you very much....
Posted from Apple iPhone
Stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 7w ago
  • 1 Kudo