Rural Broadband unlimited???

New Poster
Accepted Solution

Rural Broadband unlimited???

by CarleyRivers New Poster
Message 1 of 4 (670 Views)

Hi I was just wondering if there was an umlimited plan for rural broadband?

We live in Reporoa, and want to go to an unlimited plan, but have had to get RBI. Is there an unlimited plan for it?

Thanks

Smiley Happy

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Rural Broadband unlimited???

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 2 of 4 (1,291 Views)

@CarleyRivers

Thanks for the post and welcome to the Community. Unfortunately, no we only have the 80GB Rural Broadband plan at the moment. However, you can top that up.

Let me know if there's anything else I can help with.

Mike

Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand

View solution in original post

Solution
Accepted by AhmedA (Vodafone Ninja)
‎23-05-2016 11:09 AM

All Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 2 of 4 (1,292 Views)

@CarleyRivers

Thanks for the post and welcome to the Community. Unfortunately, no we only have the 80GB Rural Broadband plan at the moment. However, you can top that up.

Let me know if there's anything else I can help with.

Mike

Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Solution
Accepted by AhmedA (Vodafone Ninja)
‎23-05-2016 11:09 AM
Starter Poster

by remote_dan Starter Poster
Message 3 of 4 (547 Views)

Hi Mike

can I ask why there is this limitation, and if it is something Vodfaone will be reconsidering in the future?

I am soon to be a RBI customer and as part of my work regularly use in excess of 100gb/month (uploads as much as down). I appreciate you can top up your data as required, however this looks like a pretty expensive solution, i think if I was able to commit to a regular monthly amount for unlimited data it would work better for both of us... and probably for quite a few of your customers.

As your 4G rollout continues I imagine this will become more and more desirable for your rural customer base.

Interested to hear you thoughts

dan

Regular Poster

by Regular Poster Phil_W Regular Poster
Message 4 of 4 (514 Views)

Dan

I know where you are coming from. Rural BB is NOT the equivalent of Urban BB. It is however getting close.

In my opinion there are two issues that make it very difficult to operate a business (rural generally) with high data needs from or in a rual location. I personally believe this is an issue of concern given the rual nature of our NZ Network and the increasing need to work from home. I agree, shift the business would be the obvious option, but it may NOT be a simple as that.

Speed is no longer an issue.

Data volume is. 80Gb sounds like a 'mini-me' response to expectations these days. A higher GB limit plan may go some way to this. After the 4th Flexi-data top up with 2 days to go before the month rolls over.... I am really considering if this is a realistic way to run things. A carry over option would be a step in the right direction. Goo way for VF to make money though!

There is no way to send or receive info from internal devices (as far as I can see with the curent APN within the VF network) so managing systems and devices from a distant site while on the VF mobile network via internet is seemingly impossible. Ironically it IS possible if you use a non-mobile VF IP.

So control and feedback via your cell phone apps is a major limitation'. Even with a Dyn IP this has eluded me. It used to work until the APN was ? changed a few months back.

Any way to shift the approach to this will be most welcome.

Stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 49w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 4 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today