Appalling service Queensgate Westfield Vodafone... What price good customer service?

Highlighted
Starter Poster
Accepted Solution

Appalling service Queensgate Westfield Vodafone... What price good customer service?

by HGWS Starter Poster
Message 1 of 4 (882 Views)
My mother purchased a $100 Nokia Lumia from the Queensgate Vodafone outlet yesterday. She put it on charge and then two hours later went to put in her SIM card. On this model phone you have to prize off the back to do this and there is no groove or slot to get you started. There is however a sticker that says where to press and a handbook that repears this.

These instructions she followed. On attempting to prize the back off the screen split and cracked. This is clearly not a quality product. Even at that price point you'd expect a devict that could be opened by a variety of users without shattering, surely?!

The kids at the store determined this was user error and that they would not replace the phone or do anything to assist. Because she had clearly exerted so much force on this beautifully engineered device that it couldn't take it.

She left the store humiliated and burst into tears. So I went in last evening and calmly
Posted from Apple iPad

Accepted Solutions
Ninja Adept

Re: Appalling service Queensgate Westfield Vodafone... What price good customer service?

by Ninja Adept Ninja Adept Ninja Adept
Message 3 of 4 (1,168 Views)
Hi @HGWS ,

I would like to take the opportunity to remedy this situation.

Can you please private message me your mothers mobile number and I'll get back to you with further details

Thanks
Lucas
I work in the Mobile On Account and Mobile Technical Support team. I volunteer my time on the Community.

View solution in original post

Posted from Apple iPhone
Solution
Accepted by topic author HGWS
‎03-10-2015 04:33 AM

All Replies
Starter Poster

Re: Appalling service Queensgate Westfield Vodafone... What price good customer service?

by HGWS Starter Poster
Message 2 of 4 (880 Views)
..oops hit send.

What I wanted to say I calmly explained my perspective and that we wanted the phone replaced. Again I was told it was user error and also I would have to take it up with the manager who was not there. A classic fob.

I get that people try things on and I get that this phone is cheap. That is why I wanted Vodafone to do the right thing and replace it. It is $100 of good will that shows an interest in respecting customers, in putting things right, and in protecting your brand. Instead Vodafone went straight to blame and disinterest, and humiliated this customer.

Extremely disappointed.
Posted from Apple iPad
Ninja Adept

by Ninja Adept Ninja Adept Ninja Adept
Message 3 of 4 (1,169 Views)
Hi @HGWS ,

I would like to take the opportunity to remedy this situation.

Can you please private message me your mothers mobile number and I'll get back to you with further details

Thanks
Lucas
I work in the Mobile On Account and Mobile Technical Support team. I volunteer my time on the Community.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Solution
Accepted by topic author HGWS
‎03-10-2015 04:33 AM
Starter Poster

by HGWS Starter Poster
Message 4 of 4 (847 Views)

Big thank you Smiley Happy to Vodafone for responding so quickly to this issue - is in the process of being resolved satisfactorily - thank you Lucas and Hannah at Queensgate

Stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2y ago
  • 3 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today