iHealth Scales Issue

Starter Poster

iHealth Scales Issue

by BradleyStratton Starter Poster
Message 1 of 5 (194 Views)

Hi,

I have purchased iHealth WiFi Scales and can not get them to connect to my wireless network.

I have taken them to a friends house to connect to his network and they work fine so it's definitely a network issue.

I am pulling my hair out any suggestions?

Perhaps I have something in my gateway that I can change to get them to connect.

My scales are iHealth Hs5.

I can connect to bluetooth but they wil not connect to my wifi network, it tries and fails.

Cheers

Brad

Community Manager

Re: iHealth Scales Issue

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 2 of 5 (146 Views)

@BradleyStratton

Worth checking on your modem's settings, from this iHealth FAQ, sounds like you'll need a 2.4GHz connection. Your Vodafone modem will have this available, I find naming the different frequencies (2.4/5) helps, you can use the same password.

Hope this helps.

m

Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Starter Poster

Message 3 of 5 (142 Views)

Thanks, Mike.

I have tried all of the standard FAQ stuff, that's why I came here for the experts!

Any other thoughts?

All my settings are as per requirements. Could it be a problem with the router? 

Brad

Community Manager

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 4 of 5 (136 Views)

Looking over the specs for iHealth, no. Which modem do you have?

Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Highlighted
Starter Poster

Message 5 of 5 (117 Views)

Hi Mike,

I have the Huawei Gateway H659.

I have been around to a second friends house to test (on the Spark network with their Modem) and it works no problems.

I have been on the phone for 50 minutes to customer service but that was no help.

I have had corrospondence with  iHealth, their advice was nothinng i couldn't find on FAQ's and help topics.

They told me to check the below which I have. I have included the screenshots I sent to them. I don't believe the scales are faulty anyway but sounds like they are sick of me and are now not responding, the info they told me to check was below. They also said make sure i'm not filtering any MAC addresses but to my knowledge i'm not.

"TECH INFO (router/network settings): 
• Network Password: Must not contain any odd character (letters and numbers, only)
• Network Protocol: needs to be 802.11 "b/g" compliant (can also be b/g/n or "All")
• Dual Band Setting: 2.4GHz or "Automatic" (not 5GHz only) 
• SSID/Network Name: must be broadcast "Enabled""

As It seems to have no problem connecting to the two other ones I have tried outside of my home, If I can't solve it I would hope that I can get out of my contract and move to Spark so I can get it going. 

Thanks, mate, any more info or suggestions much appreciated, otherwise I'll think i'll call up tonight and see if I can 

terminate the contract without a fee, switch over and get these bloody scales working, they cost me an arm and a leg.

Cheers, Mike.

Help much appreciated.

Brad

Screen Shot 2018-02-08 at 9.48.24 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-02-08 at 9.48.39 PM.png

Stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors