emails had to be changed from IMAP to POP3 and address books and calendar gone

Starter Poster

emails had to be changed from IMAP to POP3 and address books and calendar gone

[ Edited ]
by zbmcl Starter Poster
Message 1 of 3 (308 Views)

I have already (last night) got an enquiry up under

"/emails-had-to-be-changed-from-IMAP-to-POP3" community  - 213396 

with one question to me but so far no solution.  

Today, Monday 25/9 I have gradually become more and more angry and seem to be suffering because Vodafone have seemingly stuffed up their whole e-mail system and some things they don't even know how to fix. 

This morning I found all my e-mail folders and years of e-mails are not in, well not visible, in Outlook any longer. 

I have a phone enquiry into a nice lady from Vodafone who is going to see if anything can be done to help me in next couple of days.

However, since this morning I have found two other things. 

These have happened since Sunday when Vodafone set up configurations for new e-mail addresses on clear.net.nz BUT on POP3 not IMAP. 

The new ones work but she deleted my IMAP ones as soon as she got a new [POP3] working. 

Obviously this was incorrect. 

I should have had an opportunity to back some stuff up because I now find in addition:

1.   My Outlook calendar has gone - with over 12 months of advance appointments and reminders etc

2.   my address book has gone, i.e. now empty.  Not quite as serious but bad enought nevertheless 

I need this solved.

Secondly, Vodafone are going to raise capital and float the company listing on the NZ stock exchange.

Would you put your money into a company like this?

Vodafone Ninja

Re: emails had to be changed from IMAP to POP3 and address books and calendar gone

by Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja
Message 2 of 3 (264 Views)

Hey there,

So just confirming, someone logged into your computer remotely from our technical support team, deleted the imap account and added a POP one and this deleted all associated scheduling for the next year ahead? 

^Zane

Highlighted
Frequent Poster

Re: emails had to be changed from IMAP to POP3 and address books and calendar gone

by Frequent Poster yitz Frequent Poster
Message 3 of 3 (242 Views)

Have a read of: 

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Locating-the-Outlook-data-files-0996ece3-57c6-49bc-977b-0d1...

See if there are any salvageable *.pst or *.ost files and make a duplicate copy of what you can.

Stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 11w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors