Wireless not working on my Vodafone Huawei HG556a Router?

Highlighted
Starter Poster
Accepted Solution

Wireless not working on my Vodafone Huawei HG556a Router?

by Jeztan Starter Poster
Message 1 of 5 (1,272 Views)

Hi there,

My Vodafone router (model Huawei HG556a) has recently lost it's wireless capability two days ago and I can't seem to get it to work.

Wired/Ethernet connections work fine (I'm writing this from my desktop with an ethernet connection right now) but I can't seem to get it to turn on again for some reason.

No one has touched anything so we have no idea why this has happened. I have pushed the button on thr left side of the router which is supposed to switch on and off wireless but this hasn't done anything either.

Resetting the modem has done nothing and we can't detect it with any of our mobile devices either.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

Accepted Solutions
Starter Poster

Re: Wireless not working on my Vodafone Huawei HG556a Router?

by Jeztan Starter Poster
Message 4 of 5 (1,816 Views)

Hi Lon,

Thanks for the suggestion. Tried it and it didn't seem to fix it unfortunately! However, we decided to upgrade to VDSL so Vodafone sent us a new modem for this anyway.

The technician just told us to get rid of the old one as he couldn't see what was wrong (at a cursory glance).

Thanks for trying anyway! Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

Solution
Accepted by Lon (Staff)
‎03-10-2015 04:33 AM

All Replies
Starter Poster

by Jeztan Starter Poster
Message 2 of 5 (1,270 Views)

Oh and I've gone into the configuration (192.168.1.1 address) and it says wireless is enabled and working fine. Have tried disabling it and re-enabling it and that didn't change anything either.

Running out of ideas short of getting a new modem possibly!

Staff Lon
Staff

[ Edited ]
by Staff Lon Staff
Message 3 of 5 (1,250 Views)

Hi @Jeztan - might be time to try a factory reset (with the pinhole reset button located on the back of the modem). Sounds like something has gone awry with a setting, and if it isn't obvious which one, resetting it may be the only option. Smiley Sad

Please note that I am no longer a permanent moderator of this forum and only check messages during my free time.
Starter Poster

by Jeztan Starter Poster
Message 4 of 5 (1,817 Views)

Hi Lon,

Thanks for the suggestion. Tried it and it didn't seem to fix it unfortunately! However, we decided to upgrade to VDSL so Vodafone sent us a new modem for this anyway.

The technician just told us to get rid of the old one as he couldn't see what was wrong (at a cursory glance).

Thanks for trying anyway! Smiley Happy

Solution
Accepted by Lon (Staff)
‎03-10-2015 04:33 AM
Staff Lon
Staff

by Staff Lon Staff
Message 5 of 5 (1,204 Views)

I'm glad you decided to go with VDSL - much faster connection, and yay for a free modem. Smiley Happy Enjoy!

Please note that I am no longer a permanent moderator of this forum and only check messages during my free time.
Stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2y ago
  • 2 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today