Highlighted
Starter Poster
Accepted Solution

What is this?

[ Edited ]
by alexthewiz Starter Poster
Message 1 of 7 (9,805 Views)

Hi Vodafone,

We recently upgraded our account (November last year) to the new $99 for 150gigs/pm plan via a phone call to your customer team. We used to be on the $99 for 120gigs.

I recently found i was charged $50 over my montly $99. I called your customer support, and she claimed that once we go over our excess we are charged $1 or so per x Mb's used. This information was not disclosed to me when signing up.. and she simply put (an e-mail was sent to your father (who barely uses his e-mail account and is tech savy) at a point in time where the cap is baout to be reached

Isn't it a bit much that this is how I found out about this charge? I mean $50 for a few gigs??? I could have got the 109$ 250/g bundle and avoided this huge charge? She also said I could not go to default dail-up speed and am forced to pay this extra cap fee.  I was forced to upgrade to this bundle in any case to avoid this in future.. but seriously we have been happy long time customers of you guys and I feel a little cheated that this is how I go about finding this out.

Accepted Solutions
Retired Staff

Re: What is this?

by Retired Staff NikT Retired Staff
Message 6 of 7 (10,349 Views)

Hi Alex,

I'm sorry to hear the overage policy wasn't made clear to you at sign-up, and that the notification address was incorrect. As this is the first time you've gone over, I'm sure we can sort something out to make this right. Flick me a PM with your account details, & I'll get the right folks on the job (May be slightly delayed by Auckland anniversary day on Monday). Smiley Happy

Cheers, and have a great weekend,

- Nik

Devices team, Vodafone NZ

View solution in original post

Solution
Accepted by Lon (Staff)
‎03-10-2015 04:33 AM

All Replies
Ninja Master

[ Edited ]
by Ninja Master Ninja Master Ninja Master
Message 2 of 7 (9,786 Views)

$1 per GB over the data cap, 1024MB to 1GB

This is covered on the Vodafone NZ site on the plans page, ' Important things to know '

When you reach the end of your plan’s data allowance, you will be charged the excess data rate of $1 per gigabyte, or part thereof.  Usage notifications generated at 80% and 100% of your plan’s data allowance, then at every 10GB of use in excess of that allowance.

Clothed

http://www.vodafone.co.nz/broadband-phone-bundles/

Naked

http://www.vodafone.co.nz/naked-broadband/

Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17 years 4 days
Starter Poster

[ Edited ]
Message 3 of 7 (9,780 Views)

This sign up was done via phone, I asked "Will there be any addtional costs over the plan I have now" rep said "no"..

Not sure if you guys record all your calls? Don't you think there should be some duty of care towards a customer signing to a new plan?

Ninja Master

[ Edited ]
Message 4 of 7 (9,776 Views)

Yes no additional costs if you remain in the data cap that is correct, How did you find out about the new plans?

Duty of care are the reminder emails at 80% and 100% of usage for the data bundle

Starter Poster

[ Edited ]
Message 5 of 7 (9,764 Views)

Word of mouth, No point crying over spilt milk I guess, the fee is paid, your company plays with words well. I've added my e-mail to vodafone account mailing so I'll be more aware of your notifications in future.

Retired Staff

by Retired Staff NikT Retired Staff
Message 6 of 7 (10,350 Views)

Hi Alex,

I'm sorry to hear the overage policy wasn't made clear to you at sign-up, and that the notification address was incorrect. As this is the first time you've gone over, I'm sure we can sort something out to make this right. Flick me a PM with your account details, & I'll get the right folks on the job (May be slightly delayed by Auckland anniversary day on Monday). Smiley Happy

Cheers, and have a great weekend,

- Nik

Devices team, Vodafone NZ
Solution
Accepted by Lon (Staff)
‎03-10-2015 04:33 AM
Ninja Master

[ Edited ]
Message 7 of 7 (9,754 Views)

Good stuff @NikT ' important thngs to know ' covers some really helpful INFO have a quick read in the future or jump onto the community and start a thread about the plan

Smiley Happy

Stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 3y ago
  • 4 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today