We urgently need internet while waiting to be connected at new house. How can we get access earlier?

New Poster

We urgently need internet while waiting to be connected at new house. How can we get access earlier?

by Lngaei New Poster
Message 1 of 3 (214 Views)
We need to wait 5 days for internet to be connected at our new house. I somehow thought it could be "switched on" immediately. My partner needs internet access on his laptop for work. What's the best option - can you buy datq cards to use?
Posted from Apple iPhone
Highlighted
Vodafone Ninja

Re: We urgently need internet while waiting to be connected at new house. How can we get access earl

by Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja
Message 2 of 3 (205 Views)

Fastest way, if you have smart phone is to use it's tethering/portable hotspot. The laptop just needs WiFi capability to do this, and it uses the phones mobile data. 

Alternatively, we sell a Pocket WiFi device that does the same thing, or a Vodem, which plugs directly into a computer via USB to provide an internet connect via our mobile network. The Pocket WiFi is generally a better option as you can connect multiple devices at once. 

More info on those here: https://www.vodafone.co.nz/mobile-broadband/

- Sam

I work for Vodafone, supporting our mobile and fixed customers, and volunteer my time on the community.

PM = Private Message. Click on my name to send me a message.
Starter Poster

Re: We urgently need internet while waiting to be connected at new house. How can we get access earl

by ToleafoaNFS Starter Poster
Message 3 of 3 (95 Views)
I ordered unlimited broadband and Sky and Vodafone said 3rd October will be the connection date

My family is one sad Vodafone customer.

Neil
Posted from Android 2.0
Stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 9w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today