Vodafone officially the slowest network in New Zealand

Highlighted
Starter Poster

Vodafone officially the slowest network in New Zealand

[ Edited ]
by stevewilson Starter Poster
Message 1 of 6 (579 Views)

I see that Vodafone is now the slowest network in New Zealand according to Trunet's April 2017 Urban Broadband Report.

You can read the report here: https://truenet.nz/story/2017/05/april-2017-urban-broadband-report

I've just ordered fibre through Vodafone, but think I should probably cancel that order and change to 2Degrees or Orcon who are consistently at least twice as fast at peak times.

We've been having a terrible time with their ADSL lately, but it seems the move to Fibre won't bring much relief.

Does anyone know the legal position of getting out of a Vodafone contract if their service is so shockingly poor compared to ALL of their competitors?

Expert Contributor

Re: Vodafone officially the slowest network in New Zealand

by Expert Contributor Expert Contributor
Message 2 of 6 (569 Views)

stevewilson wrote:

I see that Vodafone is now the slowest network in New Zealand according to Trunet's April 2017 Urban Broadband Report.

You can read the report here: https://truenet.nz/story/2017/05/april-2017-urban-broadband-report

I've just ordered fibre through Vodafone, but think I should probably cancel that order and change to 2Degrees or Orcon who are consistently at least twice as fast at peak times.

We've been having a terrible time with their ADSL lately, but it seems the move to Fibre won't bring much relief.

Does anyone know the legal position of getting out of a Vodafone contract if their service is so shockingly poor compared to ALL of their competitors?

Um changing ISP wont affect you're speeds at all. 

Also Changing to fiber will help.... A lot

Starter Poster

Message 3 of 6 (567 Views)

Obviously you haven't taken the time to read the report Christopher... so here's the simple chart which proves your statement completely wrong...

Screen Shot 2017-05-25 at 17.59.51.png

Expert Contributor

[ Edited ]
Message 4 of 6 (563 Views)

stevewilson wrote:

Obviously you haven't taken the time to read the report Christopher... so here's the simple chart which proves your statement completely wrong...

Screen Shot 2017-05-25 at 17.59.51.png

That report is wrong. The ISP you are with will have no affect on speed! You can change ISPs if you like but you will be wasting your time and I say that with 100 percent certainty. all ISPs use the same network infrastructure which is owned by Chorus.

Starter Poster

Message 5 of 6 (560 Views)

Hmmm...  report by independent experts working with the NZ Commerce Commission to monitor NZ internet, or a Vodafone community person...  I know which one I believe.

Expert Contributor

[ Edited ]
Message 6 of 6 (556 Views)

stevewilson wrote:

Hmmm...  report by independent experts working with the NZ Commerce Commission to monitor NZ internet, or a Vodafone community person...  I know which one I believe.

The trouble you are having could be your internal wiring. Fiber will fix that because you wont be using your old internal wiring. 

Stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 26w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today