Vodafone Ultra Hub

Starter Poster
Accepted Solution

Vodafone Ultra Hub

[ Edited ]
by ElliotWilsonBriggs Starter Poster
Message 1 of 8 (1,059 Views)

Have just been upgraded to the Vodafone ultra hub and I am getting download speeds of around 400mbps over the wifi which is nice but only getting speeds up to about 40mbps when hard wired in to the lan cable. doesnt seem to make alot of sense as I would have thought hard wired should be faster. Is there some kind of settings I need to change to achieve the same or better speeds as the wi-fi is putting out?

Staff

Re: Vodafone Ultra Hub

by Staff ChrisVF Staff
Message 2 of 8 (1,034 Views)

Unlikely given your wifi speeds, but does your device have a 100Mbps LAN port? Otherwise, unplug any other devices such as TVs, media centres and wifi extenders - I've seen them limit LAN speeds to 50 or 100Mbps. Another possibility is some settings on your PC related to the network adapator you're using. Check with another PC.

Starter Poster

Message 3 of 8 (1,017 Views)

plugged in to the modem is a PS4 and a smart T.V. are you saying that not all the ports out of the modem are the same? I defintly should not have to be changing plugs around when using diferent devices. Ive been hearing about port mapping but cant figure it out . just doent make sense the upgrade given with fibre upgrade is slower when directly plugged into the PS4 and T.V.

Id call the ninja line but was on hold for over 45 min last time I had an issue

Staff

by Staff ChrisVF Staff
Message 4 of 8 (960 Views)

Try these two things, it'll help figure out what's causing your issue:

1. Unplug your TV and PS4 from the back of the modem, keep your computer plugged in, run a speedtest.
  2. Get a different computer, plug that into the back of the modem, run a speedtest.

If neither helps, call our helpline and they can run you through other tests to help figure out why your setup isn't working properly.

Starter Poster

Message 5 of 8 (944 Views)

Thanks, think I will have to get on the phone with helpline as new macbooks dont have ports so can only test wifi on them, only things with ports in the house are smart t.v and PS4

Staff

by Staff Bogemon Staff
Message 6 of 8 (867 Views)

Hi there

if you are using a PS4 to do the testing ( i assume) then this link will help you with your query - its from the Play station community - Here the author explains why PS4 units have slow speed - Slow PS4 Download speeds

To check the capabilities of your Wi-Fi devices check this link as it will give you an overview the capabilities of the devices - and expected speeds from them - Find your expected Wi-Fi speeds

regards

Dilhan

Device and CPE Engineer - Fixed Access
Vodafone.

"Please note that I am not a part of the social media team and help out on my own time where possible."
Highlighted
Starter Poster

Message 7 of 8 (856 Views)

Thanks, no solution but clears things up a bit. I am sure I was getting higher speeds before I plugged in the upgraded modem but I might have just got lucky that day testing on the ps4

Starter Poster

by Ryrynz Starter Poster
Message 8 of 8 (304 Views)

Passing on some feedback, after unlocking max speeds on Fibre X, if I manage to hit around 50MB/s download through Qbittorrent the router drops the internet for a minute before reconnecting, should be reasonably easy to duplicate this, had it happen many times already that I've had to set speed limits to avoid it.

Stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 24w ago
  • 2 Kudos
  • 4 Contributors