Vodafone PC Protection

Starter Poster
Accepted Solution

Vodafone PC Protection

by DougC Starter Poster
Message 1 of 23 (1,369 Views)

I've just signed up on a new contract and have received a licence key for Vodafone PC Protection, which I didn't request.

I see it's free for the first three months.  I don't want it - will I be billed after those first three months, even if I don't download or activate the software?

DC

Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Vodafone PC Protection

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 2 of 23 (1,362 Views)

@DougC

Thanks for your post. If you don’t activate the licence then no charges will ensue.

cheers

m

Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Posted from Apple iPad
New Poster

by MurrayO'Neill New Poster
Message 3 of 23 (1,340 Views)

I've received an activation ket for PC Protection as well even though I didn't ask for it - and no scaleof charges even if I did want to take up the offer? What kind of marketing campaign is Vodafone running here for this new product? Looks pretty shady to me.

Starter Poster

by hpricenz Starter Poster
Message 4 of 23 (1,244 Views)

I’ve had the exact same email! You can’t tell me I’ve given you authority for this. Wtf. What a mind are you trying to play with people?!! And yeah they make it so difficult to contact anyone at vodafone. Always at least 40mins on hold. I’m seriously starting to reconsider my provider. What a load of crap 👎

Posted from Apple iPhone
Starter Poster

by NinaJ Starter Poster
Message 5 of 23 (1,323 Views)

"You've made a good choice by adding Vodafone PC Protection to your Vodafone fixed line and broadband account" - NO I made no such choice (verbally or in writing) and it is erroneous to say otherwise. I see by the reply above that if you don't activate the key you won't be charged but I see on another thread that someone is still being charged despite disconnecting it. Is it possible - without waiting 20 minutes for someone to answer the phone - for these administrative errors (this is a diplomatic interpretation) on Vodafone's part to be fixed properly without leaving it to the customer to activate or not? Thanks.

Starter Poster

by RossD Starter Poster
Message 6 of 23 (1,236 Views)

Yes, they did the same thing to me on Friday, automatically signed me up to PC Protection without my permission. I went into my account settings and disabled it (this avoids trying to reach their customer service). If I end up getting charged for this I will be angry.

- Ross

Community Manager
Community Manager

Message 7 of 23 (1,217 Views)

Hi everyone,

For certain plans, we are currently offering free PC Protection for the lifetime of your plan, and this should have been explained to you by our sales team. As MikeHales has explained, if you do not wish to use the activation code then that is entirely up to you, you will not be charged for the service.

Hope that helps.

Lon

Starter Poster

by DougC Starter Poster
Message 8 of 23 (1,213 Views)

Hi Lon

Is there a way of finding out if the plan I was offered involves free protection?

DC

Community Manager
Community Manager

Message 9 of 23 (1,208 Views)

Hi @DougC - to my knowledge, if you have recently signed up for the Ultimate Home Plan, you should be eligible. The plan includes some other goodies, like 12 months free Neon etc. Does this sound like you?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that we would not have sent you an activation code unless you were eligible under a plan you recently signed up on, or unless you has specifically requested it.

Starter Poster

by DougC Starter Poster
Message 10 of 23 (1,199 Views)

Hi again Lon

Yup. I got the free Neon but no steak knives, which was hugely disappointing.

DC

Stats
  • 22 Replies
  • 33w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 8 Contributors