Vodafone Fibre and My XBOX

Highlighted
Starter Poster
Accepted Solution

Vodafone Fibre and My XBOX

by seansinnit Starter Poster
Message 1 of 5 (847 Views)

Hello All,

I am a bit stuck between providers and wondered if I could get help here. Since we got fibre turned on at our house, we can no longer play multiplayer games of FIFA on our XBOX. I know this probably doesn't seem like a big deal but try telling that to my teenage kids.

When we connect at another house (even on Vodafone connections) it works fine, but not at home.

Both Microsoft Tech Support and Vodafone tech support assure me that nothing is wrong with their part of the equation, and that I have to talk to the other. Classic finger pointing issue. But I'm stuck in the middle, and because of the fact it works at other peoples houses, I'm inclined to side with MS on this one. 

Does anyone have any advice on what I can do. I've checked uPNP, I've switched of IPv6, I've done everything that both VF and MS tech support have asked, but still, nothing.

HEEEEEEELLLLLLPPPPPP.

Thanks,

Sean.

Accepted Solutions
Starter Poster

Re: Vodafone Fibre and My XBOX

Message 5 of 5 (1,602 Views)

So I tried disabling IPv6 on the router (something that MS tech support suggested) and it WORKED.

We are now back on multiplayer on FIFA 17. Peace at last.

Thanks

View solution in original post

Solution
Accepted by topic author seansinnit
‎08-05-2017 10:22 PM

All Replies
Staff

by Staff MsChaoticX Staff
Message 2 of 5 (834 Views)

Hey Sean,

Just got fibre recently and I had the same issue, what if you do the hard reset which is disconnect power for 10 secs, plug in, wait for light on powerbrick to turn from white to orange then power on. I found I had to do this a couple of days and it's just come right. I'm looking into the matter further myself atm.

-Becka

Trained in the art of assassinating your tech issues ~ Official Vodafone Ninja
Starter Poster

Message 3 of 5 (830 Views)

Thanks Becka. Do you mean the power on the fibre converter or the router? I've tried loads of router resets, but not the "other" box on the wall.

Starter Poster

Message 4 of 5 (828 Views)

Just re-read your answer. You mean the xbox itself. Yes, I've tried that a lot. The problem doesn't exist when we plug the machine in and access the servers at another house, just ours!

Starter Poster

Message 5 of 5 (1,603 Views)

So I tried disabling IPv6 on the router (something that MS tech support suggested) and it WORKED.

We are now back on multiplayer on FIFA 17. Peace at last.

Thanks

Solution
Accepted by topic author seansinnit
‎08-05-2017 10:22 PM
Stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 28w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today