Vodafone ADSL internet sucks as hell

Starter Poster

Vodafone ADSL internet sucks as hell

by hihincya Starter Poster
Message 1 of 6 (326 Views)

I changed from Spark recently, found out that vodafone ADSL is extremely slow AND sometimes even it's saying internet is connected, but can't visit any web pages, so disappointing. Anyone has this experience? I will tell everyone i know DO NOT switch to vodafone ADSL internet. 

Done a speed test, my result is ping=25 Download=17 Upload=0.92 mbps

http://beta.speedtest.net/run

Senior Contributor

Re: Vodafone ADSL internet sucks as hell

by Senior Contributor coffeebaron Senior Contributor
Message 2 of 6 (314 Views)
LAN or WiFi?
Posted from Samsung SM-G950F
Starter Poster

Message 3 of 6 (308 Views)

wifi, would it make a difference? I am using the modem supplied by vodafone to replace my 5 years old modem from spark. The difference is obvious, vodafone ADSL speed is  way much slower than spark, I can tell from some oversea video streaming web sites. I switch to vodafone becasue spark disconnect me on some Sundays, but seems vodafone is even worse, it never disconnect, the modem shows it's connected but I just can't use it, the solution is to reboot the modem to get a new IP, feels like you can't on the same IP for long time. checked this link, https://whatismyipaddress.com/ , if the city is Auckland I have the best connection. Are these tactic for telco to force people to use fibre? **bleep**, my area only support ADSL, not even vdsl how pathetic!!  

Senior Contributor

by Senior Contributor coffeebaron Senior Contributor
Message 4 of 6 (258 Views)
WiFi can suffer interference. You need to check speed over LAN connection. Also a master filter will help ensure best possible speed for your line. The other thing if using on WiFi, make sure your channel width for 2.4GHz is set to 20MHz only.
Posted from Samsung SM-G950F
Highlighted
Contributor

by Contributor MrMorm Contributor
Message 5 of 6 (213 Views)

The ADSL line is the same as it was with spark - its the same Chorus copper line back to the exchange/cabinet.

Its just who bills you is different

As @coffeebaron says - you need to connect your PC via a network cable to confirm the speed and reliability.

Wifi - epeciialy 2.4g wifi is flaky.

If you only test over wifi, test in the same room as the router and make sure that the router is not in a cupboard or on the floor when testing. Have it out and open.

If a cabled connection or close proximity wifi is fine then wifi coverage is your issue and you need to look at your wifi setup

If it is bad, then raise a fault to get Chorus to fix your physical line.

Starter Poster

[ Edited ]
Message 6 of 6 (41 Views)

After the first post to this forum, it seems the service is better for a while, and now it comes back again, internet showing connected but unable to use it all all, it only happened since i m with VODAFONE ADSL. 

Stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 4w ago
  • 1 Kudo
  • 3 Contributors