Voda disconnected landline by mistake. 9 days later, still no reconnection.

Highlighted
Regular Poster

Voda disconnected landline by mistake. 9 days later, still no reconnection.

by Regular Poster 021408309 Regular Poster
Message 1 of 3 (454 Views)

After disconnecting my home phone in error on 17th June, Voda reassured me they would re-connect it urgently but it would take 5-9 working days. Really? OK, I guess I have no choice. Patience is a virtue.

Today is day 9 and this morning Voda say "whoops!" and that they will reconnected urgently but it will take another 1-2 days.

Vodafone, is this the best you can do, when you make an error?

Sigh. I wonder if I will retain my number after this effort.

Vodafone Ninja

Re: Voda disconnected landline by mistake. 9 days later, still no reconnection.

by Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja
Message 2 of 3 (424 Views)

Hi there,

Doesn't sound like a great experience at all! Have you since had any progress on this?

PM me your account details if you need us to take a look at whether we have a confirmed connection date.

Thanks

Kate

Regular Poster

Re: Voda disconnected landline by mistake. 9 days later, still no reconnection.

by Regular Poster 021408309 Regular Poster
Message 3 of 3 (399 Views)

Hello. After 10 days I called again. Voda said they would do it urgently but it would likely take another 24-48 hours. I don't know why they couldn't have asked that it be done it urgently 10 days prior but it was eventually reconnected, thankfully.

I've since decided to dump voda entirely and have signed up with another company for fibre and home phone services and have transitioned all my family's email and voda mobile phone plans to another provider as well. And Sky back to Sky. I once used all of voda's available services, but no more.

While it feels sad to leave voda as I and my family have been with them "forever", and took some effort to transition but Vodafone have just become unacceptably bad, unreliable and amateurish over the last 12-24 months. And other than the community here (thank you), the suport call wait times, execution and expertise is appalling. The number of people I had to speak to and explain my situation to, again and again, was and is mind blowing.

It seems to me, outside looking in, that voda is far more interested in winning new customers than they are in keeping existing, loyal customer happy. 

I suspect that vodafone "banks" on the customer not wanting to make the effort or take the pain of changing providers, email etc. and I guess that's a valid business model - try to win more new customers than the number you lose due to ill treatment, poor support and terrible communications. But when I eventually decided to move, these alternative providers did most of the work for me. And there are now so many good choices now that vodafone can't perform like this and expect to "win". They don't deserve to.

Ciao.

Stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1y ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today