Virtual fax solution?

Starter Poster

Re: Virtual fax solution?

by Deburgh Starter Poster
Message 11 of 15 (385 Views)

I own a small business, a small rest home.  I have two phone lines one of which is ADSL and also a shared fax line.

I want to go to fibre, but its crazy Vodafone doesnt have a fax to email service.  I even tried World xchange, but they now tell me they wont do a standalone fax to email service and wont do it for a business premesis!

Unfortunately a couple of my suppliers refuse to move away from fax.

Really annoyed, hope you might have a solution besides staying with ADSL.

Starter Poster

by glynne01 Starter Poster
Message 12 of 15 (382 Views)
Hi, had this problem in our business. The simplest answer was to just keep one copper line for fax calls. We dropped 2 of our 3 landlines and went to mobile only for those.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Starter Poster

by Deburgh Starter Poster
Message 13 of 15 (374 Views)

Thanks Glynne, unfortunately Vodafone want to charge me the following for just a fax line!...

So you'll just have to add $51.70+GST (24 Month Term) for the separate PSTN line for your fax and the monthly fee for the fax line is $3.56+GST.

Ouch
Highlighted
Starter Poster

[ Edited ]
by glynne01 Starter Poster
Message 14 of 15 (372 Views)

Hi Deburgh

i said it was the simplest, not the cheapest! Smiley Wink

You are already paying this line fee now, so it's not a new cost - just keep the line you already have. We saved 2 extra line fees by going to mobile-only but with a free landline number linked to each of them. I got our old landline numbers linked so that our mobiles ring when someone calls the landline and we still advertise them so people can call a local number. We can also conference call between them, which is handy. 

I did did look at changing to a voip service but I wasn't impressed with the sound quality. We've been very happy with how it's worked out. 

Posted from Apple iPad
Senior Contributor

by Senior Contributor coffeebaron Senior Contributor
Message 15 of 15 (363 Views)
2talk do fax to email. In fact you could get a free 028 number, so then people would have to pay mobile rates to fax you Smiley Happy
Posted from Android 2.0
Stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 1y ago
  • 6 Kudos
  • 6 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today