Virtual fax solution?

Highlighted
Starter Poster
Accepted Solution

Virtual fax solution?

by glynne01 Starter Poster
Message 1 of 15 (1,287 Views)

Hi there

We're looking at moving onto fibre and possibly dropping our copper land lines. However we need to retain our fax line and number for the foreseeable future. Does Voda have a virtual fax service, along the lines of Spark's efax?

Accepted Solutions
Retired Staff

Re: Virtual fax solution?

by Retired Staff Dylan Retired Staff
Message 4 of 15 (2,079 Views)

Hi glynne01

As far as I know (I could be wrong, it's been known to happen *sometimes* Smiley Happy ) we don't have that specific service as Vodafone, but you may have heard Vodafone did recently acquire World Exchange and they do have a fax to email service that may suit you, there are details about it here -

https://www.wxc.co.nz/residential/voice/hostedvoice/faxtoemail/

I'm very certain that would fit all your needs for receiving faxes. There's other benefits too, you don't need a fax machine around the place, less power consumption, no special fax paper etc...

Cheers

Dylan

View solution in original post

Solution
Accepted by MikeHales (Community Manager)
‎03-10-2015 04:33 AM

All Replies
Community Manager

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 2 of 15 (1,270 Views)

@glynne01

Welcome to the Community.

Apologies, we only have a fax service called Fax Mail, which can store your faxes virtually if your fax machine is off or unavailable. I would recommend you give us a call on 888 and one of business agents will be able to guide you.

Yours

m

Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Starter Poster

Message 3 of 15 (1,248 Views)

Thanks Mike

So how would you recommend we handle the occasional need for a fax if we want to move onto a naked fibre solution? I really want to drop all our landlines and just use our mobiles for all incoming/outgoing calls. Are you aware of a third party solution that could fiull the gap for us. I don't think its a deal breaker for us (we could still pay for a copper line), but I would really like to have a solution in place should either a customer/supplier need to fax us, or that we needed to fax someone.

Cheers

Glynne

Retired Staff

Message 4 of 15 (2,080 Views)

Hi glynne01

As far as I know (I could be wrong, it's been known to happen *sometimes* Smiley Happy ) we don't have that specific service as Vodafone, but you may have heard Vodafone did recently acquire World Exchange and they do have a fax to email service that may suit you, there are details about it here -

https://www.wxc.co.nz/residential/voice/hostedvoice/faxtoemail/

I'm very certain that would fit all your needs for receiving faxes. There's other benefits too, you don't need a fax machine around the place, less power consumption, no special fax paper etc...

Cheers

Dylan

Solution
Accepted by MikeHales (Community Manager)
‎03-10-2015 04:33 AM
Starter Poster

Message 5 of 15 (1,224 Views)

Brilliant, thanks for that Dylan. That sounds exactly like what we need.

Given now that Voda own them, are there moves afoot to be able to bundle their services under the Voda banner - just like what happened with TelstraClear?

it would be great if I could get this service without having to port our phone number over to WXC...

Community Manager

Message 6 of 15 (1,212 Views)

@glynne01

Happily Dylan has nailed it, so I didn't post back about 3rd party options. If you need any further help or want to share how you get on - do pop back and tell us! Apologies, I should have thought of World Exchange - still new to me!

Cheers

m

Vodafone New Zealand
Starter Poster

Message 7 of 15 (1,207 Views)

Sure thing - I'll post back once we have gone ahead with the move which is still some months away and let you know how we got on.

Retired Staff

Message 8 of 15 (1,205 Views)

glynne01 wrote:

Given now that Voda own them, are there moves afoot to be able to bundle their services under the Voda banner - just like what happened with TelstraClear?

it would be great if I could get this service without having to port our phone number over to WXC...

It's a good question.. At the moment I understand World Exchange is operated as a subsidiary and the plan is to keep it that way for the time being. Although quite logically they do have heaps of great technologies and I'm sure we'll use their expertise in future Vodafone products.

I'm a fan of World Exchange and it's good to have them with us now. To be absolutely clear and avoid rumours etc, I haven't personally heard anything about the joining of the companies aside from what has been publicly released. Smiley Happy

New Poster

by PhilipGrahamFaulkner New Poster
Message 9 of 15 (578 Views)

Hi there

is there any update on the fax-to-email service. I followed up with vodafone next gen (WXC)  only to be told I needed to go and talk with vodafone direct as we want the service for one of our small businesses.

Thanks

Phil

Community Manager

Message 10 of 15 (554 Views)

@PhilipGrahamFaulkner

I will follow up and get you and answer on that.

Cheers

m

Vodafone New Zealand
Stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 1y ago
  • 6 Kudos
  • 6 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today