VDSL Connection Issue

Starter Poster
Accepted Solution

VDSL Connection Issue

by mikegjeff Starter Poster
Message 1 of 4 (983 Views)

Hi,

According to vodfone my VDSL was activated today.  I plugged the modem in, turned it on, put in my username and password and the modem connected to an ADSL2+ connection.

Why is this happening?  Can I force it to only connect to VDSL?  I rang help and they said to wait up to 48 hours, continue using the ADSL and the VDSL will just connect itself eventually.

This doesn't sound right to me? Because it is connecting to ADSL, have I not identified an issue that needs to be solved?

http://help.vodafone.co.nz/app/answers/detail/a_id/27163/~/what-are-my-vodafone-vdsl-broadband-setti...

I have completed the step above, but it still only connects to ADSL.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Starter Poster

Re: VDSL Connection Issue

Message 4 of 4 (1,722 Views)

The issue ended up being at the exchange.  Chorus tech came in and replaced something.  He was great.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

Solution
Accepted by topic author mikegjeff
‎26-11-2016 09:11 AM

All Replies
Starter Poster

Message 2 of 4 (977 Views)
A couple things that could be relevant...in our apartment exchange box thing we have a cable labled tel and a cable labled data coming in. The Tel cable goes to one of the ports, the data to the other through a switch. I'm currently plugged into the tel port receiving adsl2+. No Wan light on the data port.

This lines up with what the helpdesk were saying.

Once vdsl is activated, will it be on the data port or will it continue on the same Tel line as the adsl? Making the assumption that the apartment is wired up correctly
Posted from Android 2.0
Regular Poster

by Regular Poster revolverized Regular Poster
Message 3 of 4 (949 Views)

VDSL will work fine on the current Tel line, once vdsl line is activated and wan led on the modem lit up solid ur good to go, if your modem got sync but still cant browse, jus to a F. Reset on the modem and wait for it to bootup (it needs to be an HG 659 modem)

Highlighted
Starter Poster

Message 4 of 4 (1,723 Views)

The issue ended up being at the exchange.  Chorus tech came in and replaced something.  He was great.

Thanks.

Solution
Accepted by topic author mikegjeff
‎26-11-2016 09:11 AM
Stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 44w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today